Slingsby Type 21B Sedburgh ATC Glider 1:48

palacefan

A few firsts for me here.

I've never made a glider before, and I've never made a resin kit.

I bought it a fews years back on a whim at Telford, and thought it would be good for this GB

I couldn't make up my my on what to make next so a quick look in the GB area and decision made.

First job, to straighten those wings!

Hopefully it will be a quick build...........

IMAG0430_zps9e3dd151.jpg

IMAG0431_zps041fd690.jpg

As the T21 wing spars are straight along the top surface it will be easier to straighten using the top surface as a reference. to do this I would suggest cutting the main panels off the small centre section fairing. Straighten each wing individually. Attach the small centre fairing to the pylon and then re-attach the wings using some wire dowels to reinforce the joint. This will allow the correct dihedral to be incorporated which is too shallow in the kit as it stands.

Another suggestion would be to separate the ailerons, elevators and rudder to allow them to be repositioned more realistically if you are going to pose the model at rest. The hinge gaps on most of the Air Cadet Sedbergs were quite wide and were rarely sealed.

Hope this helps, but give me a shout if there is any other info you require on the type.

Best of luck.

Chris.

First job, to straighten those wings!

Stick it in the oven on a flat baking tray at 90 - 100 oC. When it's gone soft and straightened itself, whip it out of the oven and hold it tightly onto a flat work surface while it cools.

Finish with a sprig of parsley and a truffle foam.

Cliff

Stick it in the oven on a flat baking tray at 90 - 100 oC. When it's gone soft and straightened itself, whip it out of the oven and hold it tightly onto a flat work surface while it cools.

Finish with a sprig of parsley and a truffle foam.

Cliff

Turning in to Nigel?

:)

thanks for the advice on the wings.

After a lot of umming and aahing, i put one half at a time in boiling water and put jam jars on them until they cooled.

Not perfect but good enough for me.