madaboutmodels

Hi All

Sad news for you Fokker fans im afraid!

The first KLM Cityhopper Fokker F70 has been withdrawn from use and stored at Norwich International Airport, EGSH.

It is ex Air France PH-KZV, 1995 build. Sad to see the first one go, but they are not going to get any younger sadly!

11869509573_20c1026186_c.jpg

Cheers

Bradley

Not really old at all, Delta has just retired it's last Dc9, which was built in the mid '70's, Is this time expired or up on cycles?

It depends on how may hours are on the airframe, if it still has a lot to go, it will carry on with someone else, as they are very popular.

It could be it is up on cycles, the difference is number of cycles (take off and landings) compared to number of hours (total flying hours)

Not really old at all, Delta has just retired it's last Dc9, which was built in the mid '70's, Is this time expired or up on cycles?

It depends on how may hours are on the airframe, if it still has a lot to go, it will carry on with someone else, as they are very popular.

It could be it is up on cycles, the difference is number of cycles (take off and landings) compared to number of hours (total flying hours)

I'm afraid I don't know the history of this bird.

I should think something has gone drastically wrong with it!

I'd love to have seen a DC-9!

I suspect I'll see that at my local airfield, Kemble EGBP for scrappage sooner or later...

You'll be lucky!

They scrap them at Norwich!!

I suspect I'll see that at my local airfield, Kemble EGBP for scrappage sooner or later...

You'll be lucky!

They scrap them at Norwich!!

Lol, that's not old, I worked VC10 and Tristars!

This'll be for purely commercial reasons.

Rick.

I should think so.

The VC-10, that was a proper bird!!

GOOD NEWS (Depending on how you look at it)

She isn't going to get scrapped!

She was towed into paint on Monday and she came out today!

Plain white as we had expected, but she is rumoured to have a new owner!

Blue Wings of Surinam!

Another is due to join her as well.

So if you need the Fokkers get catching them as the retirement program has began!