1/72 Tornado Diorama - Late 80's

Zone19

Aye, the fairies loved being asked to drop the crate for people didn't they lol.

It's 1/72 I am modelling in, so will just have to keep eyes pinned. I considered using 100 's but they just won't look right.

Will keep eyed on your build too. I worked on MacRoberts Reply in its Gr4 guise, when on XV from 2004 to 2007.

The worst words you could hear on a night shift...'I dropped something in the cockpit' :(

Have you got a WIP for it? Would like to look, as your 1/144th looks pretty damn good...I got one of those for Xmas :D

I hope you enjoy :)

• Like 1

It stalled as part of the Swing Wing GB, but I will be starting a Web thread for it shortly once I finish my Canberra.

Haha, loose article searches, a right pain. Obviously even worse for the plumbers if it wasn't found. Strangest or worst thing dropped? Pilots mobile phone for us once, texting his girlfriend during an ILS approach! Lucky for him we found it during the AF, cost him a crate, but I am sure it was worth it for our silence.

Thanks for the comment about my Gr1, it was very fiddly, hopefully my Gr4 will be better, I have parts to scratch build my own Raids pod and an Acqui missile.

I think this is coming along nicely too, should be a nice build.

• Like 2

Blimey. The BM world consists of armourers. Zone 19, Enzo Matrix, Spike7451, Scootsah1, Blikkey, Bombed and Selwyn (plus apologies to any I've missed). It's some sort of Mafia........must remember to mind my Ps and Qs :). Specially as when I get round to building a Hawk and Jag I'm gonna have lots of armourer type questions. Least I know where to direct em....

BTW. Great start. Watching with interest.

Edited by Fritag
  • Like 2

Blimey. The BM world consists of armourers. Zone 19, Enzo Matrix, Spike7452 and Scootsah1 (plus apologies to any I've missed). It's some sort of Mafia........must remember to mind my Ps and Qs :). Specially as when I get round to building a Hawk and Jag I'm gonna have lots of armourer type questions. Least I know where to direct em....

BTW. Great start. Watching with interest.

Fritag make that another ex armourer here too

• Like 2

Edited to the list. Now I'm some sort of secretary to the plumbers Mafia!!! ;)

We do like a pet 'GrowBag'!!! :D

Blimey. The BM world consists of armourers. Zone 19, Enzo Matrix, Spike7451, Scootsah1, Blikkey, Bombed and Selwyn (plus apologies to any I've missed). It's some sort of Mafia........

Oh yes...You'll find the Armourer Mafia in the most unusual places!!! ;)

• Like 4

On a serious note tho, did you not fancy using the seats that came with the Verlinden set Steff?

The Verlinden ones have the belts in the seat, where we used to lay them outboard and in the back of the head box, plus the Aries set is more detailed :)

I'm an ex Laarbruch Rigga (83-86) & I work with

another ex XV Bombhead, Jules P. (84 - 87 I think)

But he doesn't build models.

Bloody Hell!!! Mr Pennington? People are asking on Facebook what happened to him...PM me please :)

The Verlinden ones have the belts in the seat, where we used to lay them outboard and in the back of the head box, plus the Aries set is more detailed :)

Bloody Hell!!! Mr Pennington? People are asking on Facebook what happened to him...PM me please :)

I have no Tonka experiance but Harriers loads. We always placed the straps in the headbox storage and the lap straps always laid towards the front of the seat to enable the jockey to strap in with ease

• Like 2

I will echo zone 19 on the straps.

Shoulder straps back across the headbox, as this meant we could ensure the back pad was straight and wouldn't get broken when the crew sat in the seat. The lap straps were laid outboard gently over the switch gear to left and right.

The leg and arm restraining straps we used to diagonally lay across the control stick so they were out of the way and easy to get to for the crew.

• Like 2

Just a thought Steff, you've got some scratch building to be getting on with with this one! Ground maintenance panel, cmp, sms and the cb panel to the left of the nose leg (if you're gonna do it right!). Don't even go there with the gearbox doors!! Problem is where do you draw a line under it! You know as well as I do what the beast looks like before crew in etc.