1/72 Tornado Diorama - Late 80's

Zone19

Right, nothing has been done to the Tonka, bless her, but the shed!!! Well have a butchers!!!!

Ignore the green plastic over the windows, as it's there just to keep the putty dry until it goes off or cures or what ever the damn stuff does!!!

From the outside:

A06B6DA2-11FA-4B75-9873-08B1F55822AE_zps

Now looking in from the door...I've lagged it, just need to board it...Spot the stash ;) hee hee

187B54D3-BBBE-4BF5-8106-1E86FC5B95F8_zps

And now looking at the bench...All made by me :)

8D422488-CF48-412A-87E7-28507D6385FD_zps

On the bench there looks like a lip, it's actually where I put wood glue along the join, it gives it a bit of a waterproof covering by the looks of it...I might just paint it all over :) The chip board cost me a grand total of £20, I was looking at work surfaces, then I saw the price and said they can F.R.O.!!!

Hopefully this week/end I shall try and get in there and start to use my new man cave...Any one got any suggestions for a name?

Thanks for looking,

• Like 1

Considering you're an ex Plumb...How about....

THE PLUMB CAVE!....

PS,you need a Wobbly stocked fridge!!!!

LOL And working on the Fridge ;)

Hi Mate,

Way jealous of the man cave, if only....great progress on the Tornado I look forward to seeing how the diorama evolves.

Cheers

James

Well it was SWMBO who told me I had to get one, so she could get her kitchen back ;) hee hee and thanks for the nice comments :)

• Like 1

OC Domestics might not like that.....lol

OC Domestics made me build the bloody thing, and thinks it needs a Wobbly AND a Pink Polar Bear dispenser :)

OC Domestics made me build the bloody thing, and thinks it needs a Wobbly AND a Pink Polar Bear dispenser :)

Spike,

Bit worried that you may have a security problem, as keys to you new man cave appear to be readily available on the internet!

http://www.corkscrewsonline.com/bottle_openers_for_sale_crown_cork.html

Selwyn

• Like 1

OC Domestics made me build the bloody thing, and thinks it needs a Wobbly AND a Pink Polar Bear dispenser :)[/quote

Blimey she's a keeper!! Has she any idea of the mayhem she's authorised!! Hope she can play uckers and doesn't mind playing spoons!!

Spike,

Bit worried that you may have a security problem, as keys to you new man cave appear to be readily available on the internet!

http://www.corkscrewsonline.com/bottle_openers_for_sale_crown_cork.html

Selwyn

Bugger!!! I knew I should have used something more complex!!!

OC Domestics made me build the bloody thing, and thinks it needs a Wobbly AND a Pink Polar Bear dispenser :)[/quote

Blimey she's a keeper!! Has she any idea of the mayhem she's authorised!! Hope she can play uckers and doesn't mind playing spoons!!

Not half!!! She suggested hosting the inaugeral meeting of the Armourers RAFA Branch in June...Good Girl!!! Oh she can ;)

• Like 1

Love the man cave & the build. If you find cans of wobbly let me know. Used to be able to get 48 cans in fridge in Holland.

Thanks HockeyBoy :) Will let you know if there are any, but it wouldn't help the modelling all that Wobbly and PPB's flying aroung :D

Ah yes,

Herr Professor Warstiener's Falling Over Elixor. Marvellous stuff. Presently have a (few!!!) bottles stashed away in the beer fridge. 3 for a fiver at the mo from Morrisons. I obtained £20 worth and am rather rapidly working my way through them.

Well it is the weekend!!!

As for Pink Polar Bears, loved the drink, hated the place they originated from. God forsaken place thankfully no more.

Happy days (except at Goose Bay!!)

Scoots

Goose Bay 97 has allot to answer for!!! First introductions to Wobbly, PPB, various other alcoholic concoctions & the never ending slab of your first week!! Surprised I remember this much!!

• Like 1

Goose Bay 97 has allot to answer for!!! First introductions to Wobbly, PPB, various other alcoholic concoctions & the never ending slab of your first week!! Surprised I remember this much!!

Err............. Remember what?

Selwyn

(Discovered Wobbly at Gutersloh, I think?)

• Like 1

Goose Bay reminds me of the song "4 seasons in one day". Vodka Collins hmmmmm. During one detachment one of the guys was caught rearranging the letters on the cinema. Michael J fox secret of my success was playing. I think the police had lost their sense of humour.

• Like 2

Right...I've had my first day in 'Dun Modelling...NOT!!!' ANd here is what I have managed to do :)

I've decided to use the Airwaves wings, with slats and flaps extended, so I had to modify the Revel kit as the resin wings were designed for the Airfix kit.

So fist thing was to remove the pins...and roughly mark where the wings pinion point would be...

8E8B59C1-05C1-4BBD-9690-330D5D236238_zps

Next I needed something to act as a new pinion, and guess what I found was a perfect fit...Yep a piece of sprue!!!! this is how it looks...

5E5828FE-184D-4714-B99A-B92A7578E317_zps

Wings were dry fitted she loads of time before I felt comfy gluing the sprue's, but I got them both bang on!!! Get in there :)

Now to fit the wings, I dry fitted a one more time, just to be sure, and a great fit...Then glued into place :)

244119E3-A0FA-47AA-803E-E8DC10F3B418_zps

Next the tail plane, which was a right bloody pain in the bottom, as it was twisted, but I managed to get them pretty square!!!

9E71BB07-B8B1-46FA-A36D-C09F59CBFB39_zps

Now to close it up...

8B5319B1-C163-40F1-AF20-AD3F86CECB92_zps

Seeing as I have made the big decision to use the Airwave wings, time to mess with the pylons...Remove the Revel tabs and then drill holes for brass rod to connect up to the wings...The larger circle highlights the tab to be removed...The smaller circle shows a moveable rib between the pylon and wing, this was on a large spring, but was crap, so it was speed taped down...So that was filed off...

Tab_zps7337dffc.jpg

The holes drilled...On both inner and outer pylons...

918638AE-EF31-46AA-8020-77EC5056FF12_zps

So there we go...That was what I did this afternoon in 'Dun Modelling...NOT!!!'

Oh and I thought I would leave you with this picture of me dressed as an American GI as an extra in the up and coming Brad Pitt film 'Fury'...Out in cinemas on Oct 24th :)

56E345E6-9D3F-4B7E-925F-D63A72DE94D6_zps

Thank for looking and have fun modelling :)

• Like 4

Very nice progress so far and I've learn't something too! Did not know about the sprung fillet seal on the Inner pylon, very good nugget of info there.

Looking forward to your next update.

Rgds,

Eng

• Like 1