1/48 - Northrop P-61A/B/C Black Widow by Hobby Boss - released

Homebee

Unfortunatelly some times they at Trumpeter-Hobby Boss Models, act differently dispite the info i send them! I had a few issues with the Skywarrior box art images, plus a few other subjects! For some reason unknown to me, they still ensist on the wrong information!! Thanks Julien!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is a mistake by the Chinese!! I did paint the box art of the Skippy/Nocturnal Nemesis with a turret! I am sure they erased it in their designing room!! I do not know why they did that! I thought the pureness was referring to the Swing Shift Skipper!!!

OK....I wondered what was going on there.....because if you type in Hobby Boss 1:48 P-61A Black Widow for 'images' you get examples of the box art with both the turret and sans turret......I thought my eyesight was playing tricks on me so I double-checked. I'm no Black Widow expert so I don't know whether the particular aircraft portrayed actually had the turret or was without.....I believe this question can be made more difficult on occasions, because some airframes had in-service retrofits which actually added or removed the turrets too !.

OK....I wondered what was going on there.....because if you type in Hobby Boss 1:48 P-61A Black Widow for 'images' you get examples of the box art with both the turret and sans turret......I thought my eyesight was playing tricks on me so I double-checked. I'm no Black Widow expert so I don't know whether the particular aircraft portrayed actually had the turret or was without.....I believe this question can be made more difficult on occasions, because some airframes had in-service retrofits which actually added or removed the turrets too !.

Dear Tiger 331....nothing is wrong with your eyesight!! Hahahahahaha!! For reasons uncnown to me, Hobby Boss erased the Turret from the P-61A Skippy/Nocturnal Nemesis, although when they commioned me to paint it's box art, all the data that was send to me, plus my own search, proved that this particular P-61 had an upper turret!! I did send them again all those info, and informed them about it!! I do not know what they are going to do! I feel ok because i did my work in the best possible way!!

• 1 month later...

Also here the box art was drawn by me! Before the critic machine starts...the actual camouflage and markings belonged originally to a P-61B version, but Hobby boss i think did maybe a deal with the Museum that owns this C machine with the original markings of the B version of the P-61!!! All the best!!

This is the one i am refering about!!

https://travelforaircraft.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/blog-p-61-img_63211.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...