1/48 - Northrop P-61A/B/C Black Widow by Hobby Boss - released

Homebee

HobbyBoss is to release 1/48th Northrop P-61B and P-61C Black Widow kits - ref. 81731 & 81732
Source: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2804569608

Also a P-61A kit with ref. 81730 (see herebelow http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234953217-148-northrop-p-61abc-black-widow-by-hobbyboss-p-61a-release-august-september-2014/?p=1629421)

What's the interest after the Great Wall Hobby recent 1/48th Black Widow kits? :hmmm:
OK there's no GWH P-61C. Door open to a F-15 Reporter...

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

Scaled down version of the 1/32 kit I bet, but what I don't get is why.

Great wall hobby have just released a stonking kit, and they listen to critics and corrected errors.

In my mind, we don't need another 1/48 P-61

• 3 months later...

In my mind we always need an accurate kit when we don't have one... Like the Monogram, the GW P-61 is rubbish from the wing forward, with a few extra bad points back of it. Unfortunately Hobby Boss is not a promising brand. We'll see, but it will likely match the previous kits in cockpit/nose dreadfulness...

J.

In my mind we always need an accurate kit when we don't have one... Like the Monogram, the GW P-61 is rubbish from the wing forward, with a few extra bad points back of it. Unfortunately Hobby Boss is not a promising brand. We'll see, but it will likely match the previous kits in cockpit/nose dreadfulness...

J.

Interesting observation. I have researched the GWH kit extensively, both via the internet and print media. There have been a large number of articles on this kit and, barring the initial issues with the first release which were quickly corrected, have not seen ANY other narrative that indicates serious problems with the kits accuracy. Would you care to elaborate please, with your superior knowledge of both the subject and kit - do share your concerns so that we may all learn !.

Other than the wailing over the radome and some dreadful issue with the canopy that the usual suspect harped on about I'd heard it was reasonably good.

Might be best to back the accusations up with some facts, photo's or it didnt happen.

If I recall correctly there were some issues with the first GWH boxing canopy. They improved the canopy (the heights front and back are no more the same) in the later releases but could not fully correct it (from my memory the front elevation is still wrong). Other than that I know of no issue.

Rene

Other than the wailing over the radome and some dreadful issue with the canopy that the usual suspect harped on about I'd heard it was reasonably good.

Might be best to back the accusations up with some facts, photo's or it didnt happen.

careful danni

we may end up with pics of someone else's model with red lines over it!............

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Released - Northrop P-61A Black Widow - ref.81730

Source: http://www.hobbyboss.com/index.php?g=home&m=product&a=show&id=107&l=en

A in-box review in your favourite forum: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234982481-p-61a-black-widow-148-hobbyboss/?hl=widow

box.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 2 months later...

It is released. Prices seem to be on par with GW (in some shops higher in others lower than the GW as far as I made out).

There are pics of the box content and the instructions here:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10281519

It is sadly not a 1:1 downscaled version of the 1:32 kit regarding details. It looks a bit simplified in places. If the pictures do not trick me the Hobby Boss P-61 looks to be no match for the Great Wall P-61.

Rene

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

have you noticed, the box art is missing the gun turret

Dear The Pureness, i painted this box art, plus the box art of the A version! The P-61B'' Swing Shift Skipper'' was a turretless airframe! Now if that was like this form the factory,or was done in the field,i am not aware! If you have a search in the Web, you'll find images that prove what i inform you!!

Not sure if he means that one, but Skippy/Nocturnal Nemesis on the P-61A Box Art is shown without a turret, but research would seem to say it had one.

Swing Shift Skipper is indeed seen without the turret.

Julien

It is a mistake by the Chinese!! I did paint the box art of the Skippy/Nocturnal Nemesis with a turret! I am sure they erased it in their designing room!! I do not know why they did that! I thought the pureness was referring to the Swing Shift Skipper!!!