P-47D 'Hun Hunter XIV'

Kit - Tamiya

Paint - Alclad lacquers, Tamiya acrylics

Decals - Aeromaster 48-083

Extras - Eduard setbelts, 75 gallon droptank from Tamiya P-51, 1000lb bombs from Academy P-38

Republic P-47D-20 Thnderbolt

Assigned to Col. Gil Wymond

65th FS, 57th FG

Italy 1944

3a95a4f5-8ccc-4903-a2e1-e5aa7b249315_zps

HH2_zps76ec9311.jpg

6591f147-059b-44ae-a41d-ca867de6f5ad_zps

HH4_zps8c83da85.jpg

6da6562e-5056-46cd-bb04-ee50b4277a1c_zps

Well, I have mentioned here previously that I usually build/finish a project at glacier-like speed and here's the proof, started last winter (here in NZ), and finished as we approach the middle of our summer. Hun Hunter came back to the bench because I scr*w*d-up a Trumpeter Seahawk by losing the (already painted) IP. !!

As ever I'm happy to take all questions, comments and criticism. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Ian

• Like 8

Great build. Can't beat a natural metal P-47. :goodjob:

Andrew

Very nice- I completed his squadron mate last year- the Wicked Wabbit of James Hare.

I was 'this close' to doing that one aswell. Got the SuperScale decals, but couldn't decide whether to do the all OD version or the OD with NMF wings then the research started to contradict itself, then I got a nosebleed and decided to build this one - It's still incorrect, the name should be on both sides of the fuselage... Aeromaster missed that one.... Ahh well, it's a hobby, not brain surgery, right :frantic:

Ian

Very nice P-47, nice NMF and it looks great with a could of thousand pounders on.

Just a couple of small points to help you with any future P-47 builds - the yellow stripe on the tail looks a bit too wide to me, maybe it's just the photos but it should be a 12 inches tall, though this could vary some what it looks wider than on the real a/c. Also the turtledeck behind the cockpit was not painted the cockpit colour - on this a/c it would have been NMF.

• 1 year later...