1/48 - Sukhoi Su-9 "Fishpot-B" by Trumpeter - released - air intake & pitots by Mini World

Homebee

VERY long overdue ( and welcome) releases. Now, if only we could have a Yak-25/Yak -28 series to go with them along with a TU-22 Blinder, TU-28,....................................................!!!!!!!

Allan

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

According to reports several V-750VN were fired (numbers seem to be between 8 and 14) from S-75 systems and Powers was caught in the blast radius of one which damaged his tailplane and wing area forcing him to eject. It is said one of the Guidlines shot down a Mig-19 attempting to intercept Powers and that an Su-9 had been given orders to ram him (it was unarmed) but failed to do so. Others may know more.

http://www.foia.cia.gov/sites/default/files/document_conversions/89801/DOC_0000012389.pdf

HTH
Andy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Cannot wait.....along with the recent Modelsvit Sukhoi family of releases it's a good time for us interested in Soviet CW jets...

Just wish someone would do a new tool Tu-22 Blinder.

Edited by azzaob

Just wish it was 1/32 scale, but it is very tempting (especially after wrestling with the 1/72 Amodel Maiden, which is actually quite a nice kit ***IF*** it came with the correct two-seater canopy. Still waiting for a replacement nearly two months later).

Tony

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

got mine ,looks really nice!

as I got bitten by the Su-7/-17/-22 fly, I also needed this kit (and the first decent one actually of this principal design!)

I wonder if one may swap canopies between the OEZ Su-7 and the Su-9U to make a Mujik and a 'regular' Fishpot-B.

what the difference between the Su-9 and the Su-9B?

were do you get the 2seater canopy from?

still have to learn on Fishpods it seems!