1/35 Emhar "Whippet"

I grabbed this kit at the Scottish National Show last year as a "something different" subject and when I looked in the box, I was horrified to see the quality and thickness of the plastic. When bit the bullet towards the end of 2013 I was really suprised how well this kit fell together but was worried about the tracks. I thought I would give them a go rather than spent twice what I had paid for the kit on metal tracks. Although not totally authentic, again they fit quite well and glued no problem with my favored MEK. Rather than a plain base I chose to carve up a piece of Kingspan and glue it to a base and have a little fun. The black needs touching in around the edge of the foam before this gets an outing this year, but should be on display at our first visit to a show in 2014 at Huddersfield, where the club will be displaying again. I hope you enjoy the result.

IMG_1478_zpsb26acfee.jpg

IMG_1479_zpsad1c2857.jpg

IMG_1480_zps01a0bc79.jpg

IMG_1481_zps374608c3.jpg

IMG_1482_zpscb6521d1.jpg

IMG_1483_zps217c7581.jpg

IMG_1484_zpsf4b0f5f8.jpg

IMG_1485_zpsd7774b89.jpg

IMG_1486_zpsaecb92f1.jpg

IMG_1487_zps462b9562.jpg

IMG_1488_zps1a45833d.jpg

Thanks again for looking.

Brian

• Like 3

Cheers guys, this won't be the last Emhar kit I will be having a go at - I think the WW1 subjects will be quite popular this year and I quite fancy the Tadpole - now that is BIG!

Thanks again guys for your kind comments. I don't usually base up my subjects with so much detail but really enjoyed the whole experience. :thumbsup2:

• 2 weeks later...