Nimrod XV234 Airfix build for friend

Nim12.jpg

Nim07.jpg

Nim08.jpg

I like the hemp colours but I wanted to see what it would look like in grey.... not so sure what to do now..

Nim08grey.jpg

Nim09.jpg

Nim03.jpg

Nim02.jpg

Nim13.jpg

It's a shame the MR4 never made it into kit form as I think it looks a lot more meaningful with the larger engines :weep:

• Like 9

Your Nimrod looks equally as good in either scheme, you're friend will be overjoyed i'm sure!

He was, it's a couple of years ago now. He still owes me a behind the scenes tour of Cosford.

He recounted a story about the wiring looms and how they are cut to length using markings on the hangar floors. Somebody (he assured me it wasn't him) chose the wrong line to measure a particular cable and it was a couple of feet short. It took him and a mate several attempts to get the loom to connect at each end, he mentioned the cable followed an unorthodox route but they managed it.......... eventually.

Edited by Flektor

Fantastic model.

The nimrod has very personal links to me, my uncle was based at Kinloss for 12 years. Sadly he lost his life and me, my dad and nan were invited up there to meet all his friends. They sprung a surprise on us that we will be having a tour on the QRA nimrod, next surprise was we actually got a flight on one aswell. I made life long friends that weekend and will never forget that