1/48 Mi-8 HIP

Shrek51

Not sure of the provenance or manufacturer but I,m sure I had heard someone was going to do an injection molded 1/48 Mi-8/17 Hip, was I dreaming or is there any info?

Best wishes

Mark

Interesting on the 'Navigator' kit - the box art and title shows a first generation Mi-8T - but does the third line down in green say 'Mi-8MT' ?? (second gen)

Or are there parts in the kit to make both? - and there are quite a few differences between them.

Curious........

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting on the 'Navigator' kit - the box art and title shows a first generation Mi-8T - but does the third line down in green say 'Mi-8MT' ?? (second gen)

Or are there parts in the kit to make both? - and there are quite a few differences between them.

Curious........

Ken

The Navigator kit is a bluff package... Picture is Mi-8 (that's why I bougth it for incredible money) but it contains a late MT. The kit itself is a nightmare, NO interior, some smaller parts copies of Monogram Mi-24...... It's now in the "never-will-build"-corner of my stash. Unbelievable that there is still no mainstream kit of the world most builded heli in 48 scale.

There are definitely some strange gaps in all areas of our glorious hobby. In 1/48th mainstream kits no decent Vampire, Mil-8, Westland Wasp/Scout, Gazelle or Ford Trimotor which I'd have thought would be a natural for Monogram a few years back. But at least a He-115 arrived last year from Jiri and his Elves and a Grumman Tracer from Special Hobby (?) is listed by the Big H. I still think a Bristol 188 would be great......

• 2 years later...