1/32 Tamiya Mustang RCAF *FINISHED*

Gisbod

Evening all,

Having recently finished a 1/72 Airfix Mustang in post war RCAF colours..

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234952128-airfix-172-mustang-new-tool/

I couldn't help thinking how nice it would look in 1/32nd, which is a bit daft because I've got a load of kits to make and I'm halfway through a 1/72nd Airfix Hurricane build, but despite promising myself I wouldn't - another being must have overcome me, because I still seem to have ordered the lovely, but pricey, Tamiya kit anyway.. :S

image-1.jpg

In addition I also got the beautiful HGW seatbelt set (with resin dinghy pack), the Barracuda resin sidewalls, the Eduard interior photo etch and the Leading Edge RCAF decal set :)

image-4.jpg

Whilst waiting for the kit to arrive I made a start on the HGW set which had already arrived...

image.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Guy

Edited by Gisbod
  • Like 5

Yep,

Once you've used them you won't want to go back - they seem an essential to me in this scale ;) they look even better to the eye without the magnification of the photo..

Guy

Thanks..

Yes, it comes with belts, resin dinghy and wood decals for the floor.. But I'm not using those.. There is a set available without the dinghy and floor so make sure you get the one you want!

Yep, I'll be watching yours too... ;)

Guy

• Like 1

Great Guy, I think I'll get them, specially for the dinghy. Tamiya one it's a hard plastic box without any texture on the surface.

Cheers

Mauricio

Edited by Live_bait

Thanks ;)

The placards are the Eduard interior PE set (it's really very nice). But the ones on the seat are kit decals - for the more eagle eyed among you - one's upside down :S that's the problem with macro photography - the flaws suddenly ping out! I swear you can't tell by the naked eye..

I'm kinda blending the kit, PE and Barracuda stuff as I see fit.. There are kit bits better than the aftermarket and vice versa.. Just makes it awkward following 3 sets of instructions at the same time!

So far, this kit is an absolute bargain for the money - it's just superbly engineered and I'm enjoying the build, which is, I guess, the whole point! :)

Guy

- for the more eagle eyed among you - one's upside down :S that's the problem with macro photography - the flaws suddenly ping out! I swear you can't tell by the naked eye..

Its not noticeable, i wouldn't have realized if you hadn't pointed it out

Sidewalls coming on..

As per the rest of the cockpit - I've mixed and matched with the extras.. I bought the Barracuda resin side walls but ended up preferring the kit parts :S not really wasted though as there are some nice bits I have used..

Basically the photo etch parts are Eduard, the white resin is Barracuda..

image-11.jpg

image-3.jpg

Guy

Paint on..

I love the way Eduard have done the radio(?) box switches.. :)

image-12.jpg

image-14.jpg

image-13.jpg

image-15.jpg

I guess the engine's next - I tend to flick around and not follow the kit stages..

Cheers

Guy

Edited by Gisbod
  • Like 1

The basis of the engine.. I was originally going to fix the cowlings in place, but it seems a shame to waste the nicely crafted engine - I won't be super detailing but I'll probably add a few extra wires..

image-16.jpg

Guy