EARLY PANTHER A

oz!

just finished this build and must say i thoroughly enjoyed the project' its the dragon kit with cavalier zimmerit, and once again I'm waiting for the tracks to arrive' so until then the rubber band ones will suffice.

regards oz!

5_zpsd5b6eef2.jpg6_zps26cd9aa6.jpg7_zpsaff9a2ee.jpg3_zps0a0b3f55.jpg4_zps27139599.jpg2_zpsfa77ec03.jpg1_zpsabd28391.jpg8_zpsc89061a4.jpg

• Like 5

thanks very much for the comments guys' although i must say I'm not overly sure the rusty shrapnel plates look right' i tend to think they would have been painted the same color as the tank' as they wouldn't have been hard to miss from an aircraft all rusted up, but i suppose artistic license is in order here.

cheers guys oz!.

• Like 1

Looks great.

Can I ask what paints you used.

i used tamiya nato green mixed with buff 70/30 and buff mixed with desert yellow 60/40 the barrel is german grey' and on top of this a couple of oil washes.

cheers oz!

very nice as always oz... and thanks for the tips on the paint, i have my stug iv to do (probs going 3-colur schme from Italy but like the yellow/green you have (so would just need a brown)...

• Like 1

I think the extra armour looks fine in its rusty hues.

They were usually fashioned from scrap metal, so being left bare to rust seems right.

Again, great work. That's a very realistic looking model, and the figure is nicely done too!

• Like 1

thanks very much for the kind words guys' i appreciate it very much indeed.

i tried using multi quote without any success so please bare with me.

( maybe the sheet steel would be red oxide primer?!!!! ) yeah right mate :winkgrin::hmmm::devil:

sorry rob no guide on this one' i just made it up as i went along, although this is what i now use as a primer/base coat for any new projects' it comes in camo green and red brown as well its brilliant stuff and i used a mix of chalk pastels for the shrapnel plates 1 black, 2 dark yellow, 3 orange, 4 chocolate brown, 5 dark brown, 6 dark orange, these are pennies to buy and just as good as any pigment products, basically i scraped a pile of orange with a scalpel blade and mixed it with tamiya red brown and water 50/30/20 and brushed this onto the plates' and when its still wet i then brushed and stippled on a mix of the other colors' then blended them out with a wide flat brush, you can also draw in a few streak's and lines then blend these out as well, these are my pastel brushes.

HL-10, cheers mate' the rusted plates do look better than plates painted the same as the model but i look at it and think hmmm if i were a tank commander would i leave it rusted or maybe put some camo net or foliage over it?, i scratch built the plates from plastic card and am very happy with the results even if it took four attempts :banghead::rolleyes:

thanks very much guys' regards oz!.

8-1.jpg9.jpgImage1309_zps35e65338.jpg

• Like 1

no probs mate, had a call from the art gallery saying we could resume the club on Jan 2nd but thought most of the guys would still be hungover at that time and we'll resume on the 9th instead.

Hi Tony, I think we agreed on the 9th at the last meeting - I'm ready to go, really missed it (sad I know) :weep:

not sad..................just motivated.

thanks very much guys' its appreciated.

see you Thursday night Simon.

regards oz!.

Cor ... another outstanding Panther. Great job oz. Given me Panther withdrawal symptoms now ... must get to my stash....ttfn

Regards

Paul

• Like 1

Cor ... another outstanding Panther. Great job oz. Given me Panther withdrawal symptoms now ... must get to my stash....ttfn

Regards

Paul

cheers matey :D

thanks on the rust Oz - i have some chalk pastels that i use (actually run them through an old tea-strainer to grind - gives a very fine powder). I also got some rust filter & pigment set (lifecolor) for Christmas so will see how that works too.....

your welcome rob' i have been looking at the lifecolor sets myself so keep me informed on how they work out for you.

cheers oz!