Academy Typhoon 1/72

Hi folks,second build this year built alongside their Tempest posted recently.another lovely kit to build nice panel lines and detail

for under a fiver.there was a posting a few days ago detailing the main faults with this kit mainly the over length u/c legs but it was

too late to correct this and I am happy that it looks like a typhoon.Thanks for your time.SDC10677_zps9e690e2b.jpgSDC10676_zps9f7aaed7.jpgSDC10674_zps06ccd815.jpgSDC10673_zpsa33e4585.jpg

• Like 3

Yes Ian,and they went on trouble free,the code letters on the sheet looked terrible almost a "luminous" deep green but as soon as they left

the paper and I applied them to the model they looked fine,I have their spitfire MKXIV and have put off building it as the codes are the same,

now I fancy giving it a go.

Another nice one :) i have to get the academy tempest/typhoon, thats realy one of best looking planes ever made (mainly tempest though :) ). anyway, good job once again :) 7th january and you got scnd kit done already.. i think i m doing something wrong :)

Another nice one :) i have to get the academy tempest/typhoon, thats realy one of best looking planes ever made (mainly tempest though :) ). anyway, good job once again :) 7th january and you got scnd kit done already.. i think i m doing something wrong :)

Thanks,to be honest even though i use acrylics I hate the whole airbrush cleaning thing so I tend to build a half dozen kits at a time,I have a p40 2x

spitfires and a tucano all should be complete by the end of the week!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

just saw your build for the first time today. What a beautiful model you've made!

I am most interested in your comment about the Academy decals, namely the codes' colour becoming acceptable once on the model... Just like you, I have a few kits (including the Typhoon) in my stash, and what puts me off doing any of them is the horrendous colour of the codes. I was steeling myself to re-paint them with a fine brush, or if that failed go through the mission of ordering some decals from the UK. But now I am keen to try and build one! And if the result is rubbish nonetheless, I'll have at least built one of them!

Where would I be able to find the article that mentions the too long u/c legs? Thanks Steve.

JR

Hi Steve,

just saw your build for the first time today. What a beautiful model you've made!

I am most interested in your comment about the Academy decals, namely the codes' colour becoming acceptable once on the model... Just like you, I have a few kits (including the Typhoon) in my stash, and what puts me off doing any of them is the horrendous colour of the codes. I was steeling myself to re-paint them with a fine brush, or if that failed go through the mission of ordering some decals from the UK. But now I am keen to try and build one! And if the result is rubbish nonetheless, I'll have at least built one of them!

Where would I be able to find the article that mentions the too long u/c legs? Thanks Steve.

JR

Many thanks Jean,the codes on the sheet are as you say horrendous but once off the backing sheet vastly improved and as you can see look OK.

The same applies to their tempest,there was a post in the RFI section a few months ago where the builder mentioned the over long U/C legs but I

have it on the shelf with Airfix,s new Typhoon and it looks OK.So go on get building and enjoy!