Achzarit Heavy APC - 1:35 Meng

Mike

Thanks Paul :)

I started a little weathering today, in between wondering what day it is, and this is the result so far:

weathering1.jpg

weathering2.jpg

weathering3.jpg

The rear end was painted ages ago, but has been hidden by tape for a while. It's just white primer with grey & some metallic scrubbed over it, and a little pigment washed in. The exhaust sooting was Mig black pigment applied with a tatty old brush, and the aerial is a length of carbon fibre rod from Accurate Armour, tied down with a bit of invisibile mending thread that's been made visible with a black Sharpie. I'm working up some stowage for it in parallel, which from my investigations doesn't seem to amount to a hell of a lot on most pics I've seen. I'm planning on a couple of bed rolls, a tarp covering something lumpy, a bergen and a stack of water bottles partly clothed in shrink wrap. I'm also toying with the idea of using the Meng IDF tank crew set on the thing, but the jury's out on that ATM :hmmm:

• Like 1

Looking very very good, not sure if this helps it's the engineering version of the APC but shows a dirty great roll of tarp or similar on the left side. Not massively clear how it's mounted mind.

http://rs446.pbsrc.com/albums/qq184/abflug_r34/IDF%20Projects/Mk%20IV%20APC/Achzarit-17.jpg~320x480

Edited by Step

Thanks for that :) It's probably lashed to one of myriad of little red tie-downs on the hull. A lot of stowage seems to get dumped on the rear hatch/headroom ramp, so most of mine's going on there, with some bed rolls and spare water in the rear rack. I've primed a figure to sit in the front left hatch, and he'll be having a nice drinkie :beer:

A little more weathering added, plus some oil seepage, and a beginning of the stowage and personalisation. The bustle net was made up from lengths of 0.5mm masking tape, which was glued together, then fixed with CA once I was happy with it. I cut a section from the 3" square piece I made, and painted it a medium brown on both sides, removing the last traces of adhesive, which suited my purposes. It was then glued on & distressed a little, and I want it to collapse under "scale gravity" a little more yet, and am wondering how best to do that. Might use another section for the stowage on the rear door yet, or keep it safe for the next job :)

weathering4.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi Mike just caught up with this one, glad I have as iv just started mine. Ihave asked this question elsewhere on this forum but perhaps you can help out, does the Achzarit have the non slip coating as seen on all IDF Armour, or do some have it and some not. This is a cracking build and given me some great tips on the painting.

Dave

Hi David, and thanks ^_^ The kit doesn't have it out of the box, and I struggled to find decent reference pics at the time. I seem to recall seeing pics online of them without anti-slip though, so left mine as it was :)