The Curious case of Royal Mail and the Paints

Team Aer Lingus

Moderator feel free to move this to the correct area if it's in the wrong one.

Having travelled to Telford with my good lady and enjoyed immensely I returned to Dublin for work having purchased paints decals and some new kits . My partner collected some more kits posted to our house in Kent from Hannants and posted the kits decals along with four tins of enamel and two acrylix in the parcel. When at the post office she mentioned the parcel contained kits and paints paid for first class signed for and thought no more of it as the Royal Mail employee never mentioned an issue with the contents Three weeks passed with the parcel allegedly on it's way for dispatch but not arriving. She rang Royal Mail only to be told there was a problem with items within which is fair enough if they cannot be transported by air but here's the curious bit the parcel got from Rochester Kent all the way to Belfast were it was held. As Dublin is nearer to Belfast then Rochester we cannot fathom out how it couldn't be driven along the M1 south to Dublin instead the paints were taken out presumably destroyed and the kits returned to Kent!!! But how did it get to Belfast and not finish its journey if it was hauled by truck.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with paints being posted ?

Well I've heard all the arguments about unsafe goods and how it's not the RM's fault because it is probably the case that most of this stuff travels by air. Anyway, as it's lately been the festive season I purchased a candle lighter online, the type that you fill with lighter fuel. Because of the foregoing I expected to have to fill it before use, so purchased some lighter fuel. The lighter arrived, hand delivered by our local postie, and guess what? It was already full of lighter fuel!

I would direct my learned colleague to the thread here, where there's a petition to be signed if you're so minded. Meantime I'll close this down to save duplication of ire :)