Our product range....

Thank you for the answer :)

Btw cellulose thinner is safe for metals or it can "eat" them on long exposure?

It will be fine Amen :)

Bought both the thinners & cleaner from your E-Bay store last week. Only tried the cleaner so far, but I'm MORE than happy with the results so far!

I use Vallejo almost exclusively, & wondered if your suggested paint/thinner ratio was correct? 70% Thinners to 30% paint? is this correct?

Thanks for any input on this matter.

Dean, parsimonious.

Glad you're happy so far Dean :)

That particular ratio is for Vallejo Model Color, Panzer Aces & Game Color. 70% is optimum for us, but you may have your own ratio depending on what pressure you're using, 60% would be a minimum in our opinion though. If you're using Vallejo Model Air then it's only 10%-15% as per the chart.

HTH :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I recently ordered your thinner and am very satisfied.

I did also a review at my modelling Forum http://www.modellboard.net/index.php?topic=54702.new#new

Two questions popped up there: Does UT include retarder and is there a safety datasheet available?

One further question from me: Will there be a german reseller in the future?

Edited by Wolfgang

I recently ordered your thinner and am very satisfied.

I did also a review at my modelling Forum http://www.modellboard.net/index.php?topic=54702.new#new

Two questions popped up there: Does UT include retarder and is there a safety datasheet available?

One further question from me: Will there be a german reseller in the future?

Hi Wolfgang

Thanks for your review.

We did find, with Hataka paints, that the colour of the paint makes a massive difference to the amount of thinner needed (darker (more pigment) needs more thinner than the lighter colours (less pigment)), but it does still work. In our opinion, they're not a very nice paint to use at all, even their own thinner doesn't work properly with them!

With regards to the ingredients of our thinners, I'm sure you can appreciate that we don't want to give out any details about the formula, it took a long time and a lot of hard work to get the balance right to be able to work with ALL acrylic modellers paints. The best I can say is that if you add Ultimate Thinner to any (acrylic) paints, you shouldn't need any other additives what so ever except in extreme weather conditions - below 5º and above 35º Centigrade, but I can't imagine any one working in those conditions...lol.

With regards to a German seller, we've had no approaches to date, but you can get our product from Finland, Greece, Sweden and Spain in Central Europe.

All the best and thanks again for the great review :)