Our product range....

So far in our product line up we have a range of sanders, washes, airbrush sundries and a photo etch tool. We will be adding more lines over the coming year so, please keep an eye out for new products. We will announce them on our Facebook page, International Scale Modeller and here on Britmodeller when they are due to be released…

Our range so far….

Painting

DSCF0408.jpg

Airbrush Thinner - Our Ultimate Airbrush Thinner is specifically formulated to work with ALL brands of acrylic modellers paint. Our blended formula of six ingredients ensures a fast drying, smooth finish every time, no matter what brand of modelling acrylic paint you use.

Airbrush Cleaner - Our fast & effective Ultimate Airbrush Cleaner is specifically formulated to work with ALL brands of acrylic modellers paint and all types of airbrush. Our cleaner is not overly aggressive and will not ruin the seals in your airbrush. We have also added a blue dye to the cleaner to be able to distinguish it from our thinner.

Group%20all.jpg

Ultimate Primer - Our Ultimate Primer is a water based acrylic polyurethane self levelling surface primer. Offering a simple and easy application with excellent adhesion and durability, it dries to a hard flat finish and is simple and easy to clean up.

Ultimate Primer can be applied with a brush, airbrush and sponge for use on styrene, plastics, resin, metals, woods and various other substrates. There are three base colours to choose from: Grey, black and white and three new colours - Oxide, Olive and Gelb.

Building

DSCF0512.jpg

Modellers Sanders - Our range of specially produced Ultimate Modellers Sanders provide an excellent abrasive solution for the discerning modeller. Uniquely shaped they are provided in several grits (100/180/220/240/400/800/1200) and a buffer. They are long lasting and washable, which will allow them to be used to their maximum potential with the minimum of waste.
We currently offer all our sanders in a triple pack, format plus a starter pack that has one of each sander and a buffer in it.

DSCF0473.jpg

Thinny Sticks - Our range of Thinny Stick Sanders have been developed specifically to help modellers get to those hard to sand areas on all genres of models. They come in five grits (180/240/400/800/1200) and are uniquely shaped to accommodate all your fine sanding scenarios. They are made from the same high quality materials as our Modellers Sanders and are available in packs of six.

UMPTHINNYSPONGES.jpg

Thinny Sponges - Our Thinny Sponges are designed to compliment out Thinny Stick range. They come in the one grit of 220, but being a softer sponge it's equivalent to roughly a 300 grit, just like the full size Ultimate Modellers Sanders. This will prove to be the go to sander on your bench.

DSCF0438.jpg

Photo-Etch Placer - Our photo-etch placer is a re-usable wax based positioning stick that will help you to hold and place even the smallest piece of photo-etch or styrene. A real helping hand when dealing with the more fiddly side of modelling.

Weathering

small_1.jpg

Weathering Wash - Ultimate Weathering Wash has been formulated with several key non-toxic ingredients to bring you a superior clay based wash to add detail and realism to your model. The eight vibrant colours in our range cover the most widely used in modelling. Be aware, the wash will dry slightly lighter than the colour of the bottle and a good shake and stir is recommended before use.

DSCF2025%20copy.jpg

Burnishing Liquid - A must for any armour modeller that likes to upgrade there AFV tracks to something like the Friul Models excellent metal track systems. For a non-uniform finish leaving a plethora of tonal variation that needs no extra weathering afterwards.

Extensively tested to work with most types of metal track, but especially those from Friul Models, you can now naturally weather white metal tracks. Just dip the tracks in the liquid for a few minutes and the metal will begin to appear dark and rusty, easily and effortlessly. You can vary the effect using different dilutions and lengths of time in the solution as well as different types of agitation.

ULTIMATEGROUP.jpg

If you have any question at all about any products from our range, please feel free to ask by either shooting us a PM or emailing us on [email protected] - We're here to help….

For prices and purchasing please check out our (basic) website at http://www.umpretail.com or from several retailers including - eModels.co.uk - SnMStuff.co.uk - ScaleModelShop.co.uk, in Ireland TheHobbyDen.com and in Finland/Europe hpns.eu (Hobby Paint 'n Stuff)

Below is a reference chart for the recommended Ultimate Thinner to paint ratios...

Ultimate%20Thinner%20Chart%20V1.2.jpg

Model Kits - We also stock the full range of model kits from selected less main stream manufacturers including....

TanModel - Tarangus - Retrokit
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive had a test run with the thinners. I used them with xtracrylics and acrylic varnish. Worked well for me and I was pleased with the results.

Im going to give the airbrush cleaner a try next.

Good service and fast delivery as well. I hope they will attend a few model shows to cut down on postage cost.

I'm going to try some of the thinners as I presently have 4 different types of thinners for 6 different brands of paint so it'll be good to be able to standardise on one type of thinners.

Duncan B

You will only ever need the one bottle from now on with Ultimate :)

Ive had a test run with the thinners. I used them with xtracrylics and acrylic varnish. Worked well for me and I was pleased with the results.

Im going to give the airbrush cleaner a try next.

Good service and fast delivery as well. I hope they will attend a few model shows to cut down on postage cost.

Thanks for the kind comments, glad you're happy with the product and service... :)

Been using both. Wasn't sure on the cleaner at first as my nozzle kept clogging however after a really good clean, it's now leaving it spotless.

Thinner works okay with Xtracylic, still get nozzle drying but not as much as when using X20A. Used it with Tamiya flat ally and it worked well.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

I've bought Ultimate Product's airbrush thinner from SnM, and can say its good stuff. Normally, I use Vallejo ModelColor along with their own airbrush thinner. As an experiment, I thinned a test sample of ModelColor with the Ultimate thinner at 30:70 paint to thinner - as recommended in another post. Then I sprayed a largish piece of scrap evergreen at 20 psi using a Badger 200 and found the overspray was a bit much for my liking. However, at 15 psi it was just right for me. First impressions are this is a good product, and following the paint to thinner ratios posted elsewhere on this board most users will find it worth using.

Best Wishes,

Will1957.

Hi Everyone,

I've bought Ultimate Product's airbrush thinner from SnM, and can say its good stuff. Normally, I use Vallejo ModelColor along with their own airbrush thinner. As an experiment, I thinned a test sample of ModelColor with the Ultimate thinner at 30:70 paint to thinner - as recommended in another post. Then I sprayed a largish piece of scrap evergreen at 20 psi using a Badger 200 and found the overspray was a bit much for my liking. However, at 15 psi it was just right for me. First impressions are this is a good product, and following the paint to thinner ratios posted elsewhere on this board most users will find it worth using.

Best Wishes,

Will1957.

Good to hear you like the thinner Will :)

Hi Everyone,

Just took delivery of Ultimate Products airbrush cleaner today, and it's as good as the thinners. I like the idea of dying blue to differentiate between the two. Both are cheaper than the Vallejo equivalents, which I really like, and so a good alternative to them.

Will1957

Is the cleaner a stronger version of the thinner?

Ive been using the thinner as airbrush cleaner after using xtracylix its the only thing Ive found that will work with the %*&%$ stuff.(thinning and cleaning)

Does the thinner/cleaner contain retarder?

Hi Ancient Mariner,

I don't know. What I can say is both the thinner and cleaner have a slight smell of isopropyl alcohol, although I am sure it is not a significant component; otherwise the thinner would have turned the Vallejo I use to gloop. It might be worth trying a bottle of their cleaner to see if it cleans Xtracrylics - I don't use that brand so can't help.

I can't say about retarder either. However, I didn't notice any significant change in drying times when I tested the thinner against the new Vallejo stuff.

Best Wishes,

Will.

I've been using it for a while now and just need to have a go with a couple of other brands of paint before I put finger to keyboard (sounds horrible, but it's more appropriate than "pen to paper"), to sing its praises. It makes Lifecolor a joy to spray, and it also seems more robust. Similarly with Tamiya, it just works. ^_^

I'm sure it won't be long before someone in the Americas decides they need to stock it. I've cleared 4 bottles of "other brand" thinners off the side of my spray booth as a result of getting it, and given myself a lot more room as a result :thumbsup:

I It makes Lifecolor a joy to spray, and it also seems more robust. Similarly with Tamiya, it just works. ^_^

I've cleared 4 bottles of "other brand" thinners off the side of my spray booth as a result of getting it, and given myself a lot more room as a result :thumbsup:

Same here Mike and Im certainly working towards the same goal. At the moment Im just figuring out all the angles before committing 100%.

Same here Mike and Im certainly working towards the same goal. At the moment Im just figuring out all the angles before committing 100%.

Hi Everyone,

Clicked on the wrong post, but no matter. I agree with Mike, I just sprayed some Lifecolor using the airbrush thinner. It is superb, smooth and easy - just as good as with my Vallejo experiment. Cleaned up with the cleaner afterwards and it was joy to use - it cleaned up beautifully.

Best Wishes,

Will.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, I was wondering if Ultimate Airbrush Cleaner can be used to clear airbrush after alclad2 grey primer & microfiller (it is lacker based).

Edited by Amen

Thank you for the answer :)

Btw cellulose thinner is safe for metals or it can "eat" them on long exposure?

Bought both the thinners & cleaner from your E-Bay store last week. Only tried the cleaner so far, but I'm MORE than happy with the results so far!

I use Vallejo almost exclusively, & wondered if your suggested paint/thinner ratio was correct? 70% Thinners to 30% paint? is this correct?

Thanks for any input on this matter.

Dean, parsimonious.

• Like 1