Hunter T.7 (1/72 Revell & PJ Productions conversion)

AndrewE

My first entry will be a Hunter T.7 using the Revell 1/72 kit and a resin conversion from PJ Productions.

PC150746_zps1439077d.jpg

PC150747_zpsb129a6a2.jpg

P1050783_zps3fc2bd9f.jpg

Made a quick start to this last night to clean up the resin parts and cut the Revell fuselage back as required. Dry fitting so far looks like it should all be a good fit.

P1050784_zps5f13ced1.jpg

Andrew

• Like 2

Today's progress. The basic conversion is now done but lots of tidying up needed once everything has fully hardened tomorrow. Fit of the conversion is very good, there are couple of air bubbles to fill in but otherwise a very nice resin conversion.

P1050785_zps743cbf94.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

looks very nice and very expensive! hopefully someone will bring out a correct plastic kit of this, but like they say- there's not enough interest. Once 3d printers take firm hold someone can scan yours and sell the image file to the rest of us ;)

Time for another update as the build is now just about ready to start painting. I have left the tail planes off for the moment to make masking easier.

The join between the resin and plastic turned out to be very good except for a slight mismatch at the top of the fuselage which was easily sorted with milliput and sanding.

The fit of the vacform canopy was the most difficult part. I coated the inside of the canopy in Johnsons Klear and used superglue. Fingers crossed that the Klear has done its job and prevented any fogging.

Andrew

An excellent start with your T.7. If it helps I built the exact same conversion a while back for the Hunter STGB. See link

Mark

Lovely build Mark. Thanks for posting the link.

P1190798_zps2bedca59.jpg

• Like 4

I've done a 48th one using the Aeroclub set and Academy kit. And in 72nd, a looooong time ago, I did a conversion from the Airfix Hunter with the Reyhex conversion set. Not sure what happened to the model as its not in my collection of builds now.

But, Look forward to more progress on this one. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Time for another update following a few days spent in the paint shop.

The white is Tamiya XF-2, the grey Xtracrylix Light aircraft grey and the red Xrtracrylix Red arrows red over an undercoat of Tamiya XF-7 Flat Red with a drop of yellow added.

P1270800_zps2f5e4e26.jpg

P1270801_zps90310617.jpg

ooh, very nice, I love hunters, most elegant airplane ever made. Ive been searhing for PJ productions mod but I cant seem to find them. Where did you get yours?

I purchased from PJ Productions at Telford a couple of years ago. Not sure if it is still in their catalogue.

Andrew

• Like 2

ooh, very nice, I love hunters, most elegant airplane ever made. Ive been searhing for PJ productions mod but I cant seem to find them. Where did you get yours?

You could always try their web site, in the 1/72nd aircraft conversions section.