Italeri 1/72 F4U-4 Corsair Korean war Completed

hgbn

449_04_01_14_5_44_23_2.JPG

I better get this one finished, it has been in this stage of completion for at least 15 years :blush: Pretty much a shame since its not a bad kit at all.

Edited by hgbn

449_05_01_14_6_10_04.JPG

Used the evening yesterday to fit the rest of the parts and preparing for painting. Been painting today, wanted to check the Gloss Sea Blue from Humbrol vs the Xtracolor I used last time... Verdict the Humbrol is more grey than blue.... The camera just enhance the grey even further to prove my point.. Lets see how it looks when fully cured.

Plan for this evening! decals

Change of plans.. :boom: the kit decals disintegrated totally on my model..... So I decided to mix some Blue Angles blue in the Gloss Sea Blue tinlet. and repainted the model once again. Now it looks much better.

When dry I get a chance to use some of my Flevo USS.Boxer Korean war cruise decals. It was intended to be a USMC corsair but end up as a navy instead.

449_07_01_14_7_55_21_0.JPG

449_07_01_14_7_55_22_1.JPG

449_07_01_14_7_55_23_2.JPG

449_07_01_14_7_55_23_3.JPG

Wooohooo Those Flevo decals are gold. Some of the best decals I have ever tried to work with. Ultra thin carrier film that is almost invisible when applied. Next step weathering, the last detail painting and fitting the ordnance.

Close ups really expose any fuzz and dust :oops:

• Like 1