Siskin disaster! I can't believe this happened!

Graham T

Simon at Silver Wings asked me for more shots of my just completed Siskin so out with the camera & a white cloth that I place on the dining table to form a background. Took a few shots & about to clear away when the cloth slid of the polished table & my model ended up on the floor, held together by the rigging. Both lower wings cracked at the fuselage joint, tail fin broken off plus lots of smaller parts dislodged. Also something loose inside but that's an impossible fix. Not sure if I can repair it but at £100 a pop & after 2 months work I'll give it a go. I have completely removed the upper wing along with all the rigging. Some sanding & re drilling for the struts etc. & the process will begin in earnest!

Before:

DSC00296_zps7e253e3f.jpg

As it ended up:

DSC00297_zps81b283df.jpg

On the bench, disassembled & waiting a repair:

DSC00298_zpsf8b74d28.jpg

Edited by Graham T

Graham, is there any way we can help you? Do you need any spare parts? We will send them free.

Simon, thanks for this. Apart from the decal sheet you have already sent wih the Demon, I'm hopeful that everything else is reusable apart from the long exhaust pipes. I'll have a better look later today & PM/email you.

I had a similar disaster with my WNW Pfalz DIIIa back in October and it CAN be sorted with time and perseverance. Just accept it won't be easy and you will (most likely) get some inevitable glue and repair marks which will be drawn to your eye. The good news is, because your looking for them, most likely only you will know they are there. Good luck with this repair job .......and I feel your pain!

Gary

It's the thing we all fear most given the hours and love we put into a build. Luckily we all know you're up to the repairs, and I see from your other thread it's all under way. Best of luck and I have very confidence you can restore it.

Steve.

Oh fr*g, what a nightmare. Probably best to walk away from it for a bit but if you are anything like me you probably broke out the superglue about five minutes after it happened.