Bf 109G-6, AZmodel 1/72

Wow,

Congratulations indeed Pavol.

Fantastic model you built here. Easily looks bigger. Well built, well painted and well weathered..

How do these AZ Models 109 build?

Cheers

Eric B.

Very nice Pavol. I like how you blended the colors to produce this fantastic camouflage.

I have just received my first AZ 109 G6 box and I already know by Libor this kit is easy to build.

Thank you for sahring.

Patrick

Thank you guys! :)

Yes, I agree with Libor that this kit is easy to build.

Andrew, this kit has locating pins. Two pairs on fuselage and two pairs on both auxiliary tanks. The wings are without the locating pins but there isn´t necessary for the correct fixation.

I improved the details inside the cockpit using the Eduard PE set which is primary designed for the Hasegawa kit. Anyway this kit contains very detailed cockpit itself. Also the RES-IM and Marabu are preparing the new PE sets especially dedicated for this kit.

P1048214.jpg

P1048222.jpg

Pavol

• Like 3

Brilliant build, Pavol! I've always liked those WWII Slovakian markings. It looks like I need to pick up one of these AZ Bf-109's to add to my Eastern Front collection - did this G-6 come with the Slovakian markings?

Regards,

Jason

Nice paint job , Pavol , congratulations. I really like this scheme.

I especially like the two pictures where we can see the left and right profile of the aircraft , so that the weak point of the model is easily

discernable.

Read somewhere on a Czech forum that Mr Muzikant from AZ had finally recognized that the kit had some shape issues and that he promised to revise his copy for the future HQT productions.....

If so, he has to be congratulated to have taken this step in the good direction.

Madcop :coolio:

Many thanks guys! :)

Peter,thank you for your greetings and look forward to the next versions of this beautiful 1/72 Bf 109 series (especially to Avia S/CS-199 ;)

Learstang, these slovak Bf 109G-6 (14pcs. in summary) were part of air defense state in spring-summer 1944 and they were not directly involved to the war on eastern front. But I think it can fit nicely into your collection, because there is some connection with the eastern front. 4 pcs have been moved to the eastern part of Slovakia as a part of built defense against the approaching front line in august 1944. Two of them took a part in Slovak National Uprising later in autumn 1944.

Madcop, it's possible that there are some inaccuracies. Even so, I consider this kit as the most accurate Bf 109G in 1/72 scale currently.

Pavol

It's a thing of beauty, I can't see where these tales of woe regarding major shape problems are coming from, it looks like a 109 to me (I've got over 100 in the collection so have a fair idea how bad some of the other brand's attempts are). Has Finemolds finally met their match?

Duncan B

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...