Revell Canberra PR9

MPaul

Very late entry to this one, as only just come back to the forum in the last few days.

Was started in February last year, as a completely OOB build, without even any sanding and filling etc.

Got as far as painted and assembled body and wings, and then a house move, job I hate and the associated stress has meant I have been feeling a bit down and couldn't motivate myself to do anything really.

Fished it out of its box the other day, and gave it a coat of Klear before starting the decals.

Found the decals a bit poor, and still lacking a bit of motivation, so some are missing from the uppers, still got sides and lowers to do.

Only the one picture as it is at this exact moment :

20140102_085406_zpsltpnbzl6.jpg

Thanks Dazz.

Glad you like it, its well known for its shortcomings, but hasnt built up too badly, am sure if I had spent some time with filler it would have looked better.

Still cracking on with 1/144?

Glad you like it, its well known for its shortcomings, but hasnt built up too badly, am sure if I had spent some time with filler it would have looked better.

Still cracking on with 1/144?

I can't see any short comings on the model, would be happy with that I would :) I hate using filler, I always try to get it perfect and takes me ages to do!! Looking forward to seeing her finished.

Aye I am still cracking on with 1/144, although I am starting to do some 1/72 or 1/76 armor project. Got a few 1/72 WWII subjects also. Loads that should be in on this GB!! :P

Kind Regards

Dazz

So the decalling is pretty much complete. I have to admit to not fitting all of them, mainly as they seem to be of low quality in my kit, and even some of the small ones are breaking up badly after only a light application of water.

Still got the undercarriage to finish and fit, followed by another Klear coat before panel line wash, and matt coat. Oh, and the canop to fit, but nearly there now

20140111_201329_zpswpq6tnyx.jpg

20140111_201343_zpsq1xw3dt9.jpg

20140111_201317_zpszmggzddf.jpg

Getting there. For whatever reason I haven't really felt any love for this model.

Final coat of gloss going on before the wash.

How long should I leave it before applying Flory wash?

Thanks very much.

Yeah I confess to ditching some of the decals, mainly because there are enough flaws on this anyway, to worry about being perfect with the decals.

Indeed, it's all brush painted with Revell Aquacolour paints.

I'd be happy with that mate! She looks fine to me! Very cool build of a classy jet :goodjob:

How do you get on with the Revell Aquacolors? I can not brush them to save my life (see my Apache build to how bad it is).

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1

Thanks Dazz. The photos make it look better than it is possibly, it looks ok in the display cabinet too.

The Revell paints seem to vary depending on the colour I think. Some go on nicely, and some are terrible. I tend to use them without thinning, as this seems to give me the best results.

I would be happy with it mate, then again I would be happy with any finished model atm. :P I do intend to make one of these later on, I'm guessing you would not recommend the Airfix boxing of it then?!

I put on the NATO Olive version on the Apache and it was horrible, looked really rough and didn't go over properly. I guess I am just too used to an airbrush?? I gotta use some of the colour for a few AFV's I am building now. Wish me luck!

Kind Regards,

Dazz

I would be happy with it mate, then again I would be happy with any finished model atm. :P I do intend to make one of these later on, I'm guessing you would not recommend the Airfix boxing of it then?!

I put on the NATO Olive version on the Apache and it was horrible, looked really rough and didn't go over properly. I guess I am just too used to an airbrush?? I gotta use some of the colour for a few AFV's I am building now. Wish me luck!

Kind Regards,

Dazz

I havent really looked at the Airfix version so couldnt comment Dazz. I think that also has inaccuracies from what I have read. I am not sure which would be deemed the 'better' kit.

I am not sure if I want to spend the money on an airbrush and compressor, in case I dont get on with it.

Good luck with your models!!