OzH's 1/48 Heritage Aviation Chipmunk - Army Air Corps - Finished 02 May

OzH

While tidying up some old paperwork, I came across this:

Dsc01016_zps4b6f3130.jpg

It’s my old log from when I tried going for Army Air Corps Pilot

Dsc01017_zps63569d14.jpg

Inside is the log for the 13 hours I completed as part of the grading process, unfortunately, I didn’t get past this point in the selection process, but always had a fondness for the good old Chipmunk and planned to build one as some point.

So as part of the Trainer Group Build, I have decided to do just that using the beautifully crafted Heritage Aviation 1/48 offering

Dsc01020_zps50590816.jpg

The kit is resin with vac formed canopies (plural as Ian has included a few in the box) decals and instructions

Dsc01021_zps727ac90e.jpg

So my plan will be to build the Heritage Chippie in the marking of one out of my log book, WB693 S, which, I believe, is still flying today in New Zealand

Edited by OzH

• 2 weeks later...

So, back from a weeks family ski holiday. Arrived home at 11 last night, car's unloaded, roof box away in the shed, washing machine is on, time for some Chipmunk action...

Parts removed and cleaned up

9a0f4a17-c484-469d-ace7-46d2a9b69bdb_zps

Cockpit ready for primer

Dsc01381_zpsb8e91a3a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good there OzH - nice detail on that kit!

Pete

• 3 months later...

Hi OzH, great little chipmunk. i am building the Bulldog from Heritage and was wondering which decals you used for the intstrument panels as they will definitely improve the Bulldog as they have your Chippie.

Cheers

Graham

Hi Graham

Thanks for the compliment..

The instrument panel decals are by Mike Grant, his website can be found here

They are listed as scale specific, but I have 1/72, 1/48 and 1/32 and mix and match as I need to

Ta

Oz

That looks like a really neat little plane and model. I used to fly in these in the 1960s whilst in the ATC, flying out of Filton. Brings back many happy memories. :)

Max

Really nice Chippie. I have now bought this kit - I hope mine looks as good as yours when finished. I also have happy memories of this little aircraft. It was in one of these that I made my first flight ever, in the ATC as Max did.

Fantastic finish.

Cheers,

Tom.