First post on the BM Yearbook, not very many this year though :weep: :

1/72 Hasegawa Wildcat finished as an Eastern Fleet Mk V:
wildcatv01.jpg

1/72 Hasegawa F-4B finished as a Vietnam VF-111 MiG killer:
hecl.jpg

1/35 Dragon Sherman II finished as an El Alamein vehicle:
e76t.jpg

and

1/72 Airfix Gladiator finished as a Chinese Nationalist Air Force example from the Sino-Japanese War:
dxzu.jpg

There's also a 1/700 Hasegawa IJN Zuiho stuck at the final stages of painting and a 1/700 Trumpeter HMS Barham stalled out too!

Mike. :)

• Like 1

Nice work on an eclectic mix (of subjects and schemes!) But I'm going to be very conventional I'm afraid - that F-4 does it for me!

Here's to next year

cheers

Rick

The Gladiator should be my favourite (it is after all a 'small air force' biplane), but I have to agree with Spad that the Phantom is outstanding!

Cheers

Cliff

Thanks guys! :thumbsup2:

I do have to confess though that the pic of the Phantom is it's most flattering angle. There are some irritating silvering issues with the CAM decals that I used that spoil it, but having just looked it again it's not as bad as I remember.

It has gone a somewhat yellow though as it's the last model where I used Humbrol gloss varnish prior to decaling. The Sherman and the Gladiator were both coated with the new Humbrol Klear, which I can thoroughly recommend. As a tip, using a wide flat brush when coating seems the best way to use it.

I still haven't made any progress with the Zuiho - between my work rota and the reduced amount of daylight (and murky weather) it's difficult to get anything done, model wise. :wall:

Mike. :)

• 2 weeks later...