Revell Lynx 88a

Tim T

I had some issues with Photobucket, so I am a bit late in starting this build thread.

I am going to build the German Naval version. I took one look at the decals for the special scheme and started whimpering. I hate decalling at the best of times and those had the potential to give me a nervous breakdown!

Here is the obligatory box shot.

IMG_11411_zpsfd413b0a.jpg

I have the Eduard sets for the seatbelts and interior. I intend to do this in the three seat configuration with machine gun. I am undecided what else to add at the moment though.

IMG_1144_zps7d4976fa.jpg

And this is progress to date

IMG_1146_zps437a514a.jpg

By the end of the day I hope to have all this painted up and the interior largely assembled.

Thanks Chaps. I have to say, I am really enjoying the build so far. I made some more progress. First, the seats. Even at this scale the PE was a bit fiddly, but worth it I thiink.

IMG_1148_zps17fa37e7.jpg

Here is the IP, also with Eduard PE in place.

IMG_1149_zps7fa496ea.jpg

I'll get the fuselage buttoned up today and make a start on some of the sub-assemblies like the rotor head and sponsons to give them time to dry fully before I add them.

Ok, here is the progress to date. I have been able to push on with this but progress will be much slower going forward as I am back to work on Monday and travelling for a few days as well.

IMG_1151_zpsdce8c716.jpg

IMG_1152_zps64f8b0bb.jpg

Almost time for some paint. Which has left me scratching my head a bit to be honest. All the photographs I have seen of these birds shows them to be pretty clean. Do they tend to get dirty? My usual method of pre-shading and then lightening areas with some post-shading to panel centres etc may look totally wrong in this case. Conversely, it may not look right not to have some variation in tone and shade across the thing.

So, do I use a bit of artistic licence and weather it, or do I keep it subtle and make it look pretty clean? Thoughts anyone?

Ze Germans tend to keep their Lynx very shiny and clean. Gloss finish tends to help mask the oil everywhere! The Mk88A I did a while back, I just put a wash over it to enhance the panel lines and didnt really 'dirty weather' it.