Battle of Britain 75th Anniversary GB for 2015?

Procopius

Welcome Bearded One, I think you'll like it, all you have to do is build one kit in three months and post your progress; if you want to build more you can, I find it a good way of maintaining modelling momentum and doing a little stash-clearance at the same time.

I'd recommend you pick a fairly small easy kit to start with, and fulfil your 'contractual obligation' of building a kit for the group build, then you can go nuts and start that superdetailed scratchbuilt 1/12 scale Stuka (that you will never finish in time) with a clear conscience :lol:

That a Gibson Firebird bass in your avatar pic, by the way? :coolio:

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 2

Hi Stew Dapple,

Yeah, that's my baby, my thunderbird bass.

I did have the airfix 1/24 stuka in the stash which would've been a good choice but I sold it. Checked through my stash and a lot of it is BoB subjects by chance.

Might have to take a wander around the remnants of RAF Kenley for inspiration.

Tom

• Like 1

I appreciate this GB will be 99% focused on aircraft, but to encourage me to try to build something different for a change I would like to build the Airfix RAF rescue launch, would that be ok ?

Cheers Pat

Hi Pat, you'd need to go aftermarket on the decals and possibly backdate the kit, as the earliest marking option OOB is AFAIK from 1941. Two did serve during the Battle, I think, though.