OEZ 1/48 Sukhoi Su-25K

Muzz

This is OEZ Su-25K kit with Eduard's exterior photo etch set, Linden Hill decals, Two Mikes FOD covers and air to ground stores from the Trumpeter Su-24 Fencer kit. Paints are Akan for the disruptive camo and Tamyia XF-23 Light Blue for the underside.

225.jpg

223.jpg

224.jpg

229-1.jpg

Edited by Muzz
  • Like 16

Thanks for all the comments, it is a basic kit but a nice one none the less!

Edited by Muzz

Good job! :thumbsup:

But only this assault plane with such board number haven't abbreviation "K". This is simply Su-25 ("K" - export version)

what a stunner ! i am thrashing about with an oez mig 21, and if your kit was as ... um... industrial as mine then you have worked wonders .

Lovely! How did you get on with the AKAN paints? Any top tips?

Thanks again for the kind comments. The Akan paints worked really well Greg, just thinned them a little with water, they were prefaded but not really enough for the effect that I was after. The beige and brown colours were Akan and the two greens were Vallejo (Cam Light Green and Field Green, both heavily faded) first time I've used them too and found them a bit harder to master, although followed advice on here and added a ball bearing to help mix them up and they were better after that. After some Flory models dark dirt wash everything was sealed in with Alclad Flate Kote.

Edited by Muzz

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, vlad74 said:

please can you tell me which Akah colors have you use for the camo? thank you!

Hi Vlad

The lightest colour is Akan 73096 Beige and the Brown is 73142. As mentioned in the post above the two greens were Vallejo Camouflage Light Green and Field Green.

Muzz