Lesser Built Air Forces GB + CONFIRM BUILDS NOW +

CliffB

Mods, please lock the Finnish AF for me and ban my further posting or editing my posts in this topic :-D

I would if I could! :D

Thanks for the gesture V-P, particularly as with Chris on board we've now reached the magical number of 30! Well done everyone.

Cliff

This must have been the fastest a GB proposal hit the 30 interested members number in the Whole History of the site ! If not the fastest, sure one of the faster ones...

Speaking of eastern european countries, I realised I have decals for all of them including a number of different incarnations (like not only Czechoslovakia, but also Slovakia AND the Czech republic, not only Yugoslavia but Croatia, Serbia and even the Republika Srpska...). I might add one of these in the future....

• Like 1

I must say this has been one of the best group build ideas I've seen. Add the second rule of one entry per AF and this became b----y ingenious!

For the boys digging ground hugging tincans, this could very easily be copied as a small armies gb...

• Like 2

OK I have to be in this and I guess it has to be Australian..........for some strange reason! :whistle::bleh:

So hopefully this hasn't been picked yet!

Might be the final excuse I need to be an F-111.........or maybe not. :D

and I promise not to talk about the cricket either................opps! :rofl:

• Like 1

Unfortunately Blue Rider only did the Albanian decals in 1/72 scale. I've used them to build a MiG-15 UTI for a previous Group Build here and they were ok.

Browsing through the Blue Rider website at www.insigniamag.com is a great way to find ideas about aircrafts in less common markings ! However many of their decal sheets are only available in 1/72 scale

• Like 1

Putting aside the Potez 25 and Breguet XIX :fool: , how about the Staggerwing?

I made the Sword injection moulded kit a few years ago (if you can track one down), and found it pretty straightforward.

Valom have recently released an injection moulded F.VII - 3 (£30+ !), but I've no idea how good it is.

If resins are on the agenda, I have a Choroszy Breda 25 which looks nice in the box.

Overall, I think you should have no excuses, so I've added you to the tally. Hope this is OK!

(As an aside, have you got Blue Rider's decals for the Ethiopian Potez - I can let you have a set, if useful)

Cheers

Cliff

OK.....In the absence of a Potez kit (buildable with my limited abilities), I'm in for the Red Cross Staggerwing. :coolio:

If you have a spare set of decals for 'Prince Makonnen' or one of the other Potez-25s, I certainly woudn't say no to a set, but if you've only got the one set, hang on to 'em.....After all, you can actually build the Potez-25 kits that are already out there, whereas I can't! :winkgrin:

I really do appreciate the advice BTW.....While I'm about as familiar as you can be with small scale AFV kits, my knowledge of aircraft kits, aftermarket, decals etc. is actually pretty limited. :blush:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead
  • Like 1

Hi everyone. It's really good to see interest continuing in the GB with further 'sign ups' today.

As some of you have already said 2015 does seem a long way away, but at least we have hopefully staked a claim for further consideration in due course (in whatever form that may take next year).

There are still loads of interesting air forces 'up for grabs', and I'm looking forward to seeing which ones go next :)

Cheers

Cliff

As some of you have already said 2015 does seem a long way away, but at least we have hopefully staked a claim for further consideration in due course (in whatever form that may take next year).

2015 will be here soon enough. The moving finger writes and, having writ, moves on. To write another bit.

We need to maintain interest in this GB throughout the year.

• Like 2

I really look forward to this one, and by the interest already shown I guess it is just a formality the poll later this year.

Hi Henrik. I don't think we can assume anything yet about which GBs will run in 2015.

To start with, the 32 members signed up so far is significantly less than the number of poll votes that were required to secure a place at the 2014 GB table. It may just be that we are a particularly enthusiastic minority!

Also, we don't know what other GBs may come forward, nor indeed what the selection process may be next year (I think Mish has already hinted that there might be some changes to help some of the less mainstream GBs - apologies Mish if I'm putting words into your mouth!).

So as Enzo has just said (as I was writing this!), we do need to continue pushing this GB forward. I have a call in to Saatchi and Saatchi at the moment!

Thanks again for your continuing enthusiastic support.

Cliff

I believe the best way to push this GB is to build subjects in those lesser known markins and post them on the forum ! In this way more and more people will see how many great subjects are out there !

Personally I've already planned a few of these, some with quite exotic markings... I just have to stop being lazy and start taking pictures of my builds !

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 1

I believe the best way to push this GB is to build subjects in those lesser known markings and post them on the forum ! In this way more and more people will see how many great subjects are out there !

Personally I've already planned a few of these, some with quite exotic markings... I just have to stop being lazy and start taking pictures of my builds !

Well I shall be starting my Paraguayan bird in the Trainers GB in two days time. It's just a pity that its wings have been chopped off....... ;)

I'll try to come up with something better in the 'Less than Tenner GB'.

Cliff

Could I possibly take Germany as well as the Swiss?

Sean

No sorry Sean. Germany is excluded as one of the 'Big Five' (it's explained in the first Post somewhere :smartass: )

Cheers

Cliff

No sorry Sean. Germany is excluded as one of the 'Big Five' (it's explained in the first Post somewhere :smartass: )

Cheers

Cliff

Thanks Cliff. I couldn't see it listed in your first post that's why I asked. :)