Lesser Built Air Forces GB + CONFIRM BUILDS NOW +

CliffB

Can I join in, please? Portugal (G91), Cuba (Mig something...), Colombia (Kfir)

Sorry Enzo, you lost Portugal to Luis by 3 minutes!

Cuba and Columbia now down to you though (I was wondering when some MiGs were going to arrive....)

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 2

Oh crap, I've edited my entry twice now... Can't seem to keep my fingers off Finnish AF subjects after all. I was going Israeli or Swedish first, but they haven't got small air forces. We have :-) Regards, V-P

No problem V-P. I'll just put you down for all three!

Cliff

I would love to join with an UN aircraft, but it feels like steeling your idea. So Trevor if you want to build a UN one it is yours

Sam! I've already bagsied Iran and I build slowly, so by all means have the UN. Come and join the fun!!

Trevor

• Like 1

This must be some kind of record. Just over a day gone and you've pretty much got the required amount of interest! :frantic:

Yes, things seem to be going pretty well at the moment (although maybe the Bank Holiday helps) :)

The big surprise for me has been how few ex-Eastern Block countries have been picked up yet. I was expecting quite a few MiGs and Mils!

There's potentially a bit of an overlap between this GB and Wez's proposed 'French GB', which looks as though it's just about to go super critical. It would appear be a great home for any French built 'Small Air Force' planes that can't be accommodated here for any reason.

Oh and finally, in case you missed it, Sweden is now back on the market (although only available in blue and yellow).

Cheers

Cliff

Sam! I've already bagsied Iran and I build slowly, so by all means have the UN. Come and join the fun!!

Trevor

Thanks Trevor! have an UN Congo Saab Tunnan in mind.

Is it possible to make more than one subject for your airforce?

I keep commiting myself to these GBs, having not actually FINISHED a model in over a year. However, i noticed this lying at the side of the runway whilst on my travels in 2009:

5734349630_e3280f3de8.jpg
Antonov 26 Somali Air Force, Nairobi Airport (NBO) - Kenya, April 2009 by ATom.UK, on Flickr

I have obtained an A-Model An 24, so please put me down for the Somali Air Force.

• Like 1

Cliff, can you sign me up for Brazil as well as Spain - got plenty of choices for the biggest country in South America!

Wez

• Like 1

OK, time for three apologies I'm afraid....

You can sign me up for Co-host if you don't have another candidate

Sorry Henrik, but unfortunately robvulcan has already agreed to co-host. Thank you for your offer though and I do hope that we may be able to collaborate on another occasion (Nordic GB?!)

Is it possible to make more than one subject for your airforce?

Sorry Sam, the rules as proposed at present say just one build per air force.

If AZ Models (or anyone else for that matter) get their finger out and give us a buildable (by mortals) 1/72 Potez-25, you can put me down for the Imperial Ethiopian Air Force. :winkgrin:

Sorry Andy, but on that basis I will never be able to sign you up.

Thanks everyone

Cliff

Sorry Andy, but on that basis I will never be able to sign you up.

Sadly you are probably right there Cliff.....So if anyone can point me toward good 1/72 kits of any of the aircraft from the 'Early Years' list for Ethiopia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Air_Force

I'd be up for this GB. B)

Pictures of the Aircraft in Imperial Ethiopian service would be a blessing too.....Can you search Wings Palette by nation I wonder? :hmmm:.....Yes you can! :yahoo:

Now to find one I can actually build! :winkgrin:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

OK, time for three apologies I'm afraid....

Sorry Henrik, but unfortunately robvulcan has already agreed to co-host. Thank you for your offer though and I do hope that we may be able to collaborate on another occasion (Nordic GB?!)

A Nordic GB hmmmm this sounds more than interesting :hmmm:

• Like 1

Sadly you are probably right there Cliff.....So if anyone can point me toward good 1/72 kits of any of the aircraft from the 'Early Years' list for Ethiopia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Air_Force

I'd be up for this GB. B)

Putting aside the Potez 25 and Breguet XIX :fool: , how about the Staggerwing?

I made the Sword injection moulded kit a few years ago (if you can track one down), and found it pretty straightforward.

Valom have recently released an injection moulded F.VII - 3 (£30+ !), but I've no idea how good it is.

If resins are on the agenda, I have a Choroszy Breda 25 which looks nice in the box.

Overall, I think you should have no excuses, so I've added you to the tally. Hope this is OK!

(As an aside, have you got Blue Rider's decals for the Ethiopian Potez - I can let you have a set, if useful)

Cheers

Cliff

Cliff, you challenged me to do a triple Israeli-Swedish-Finnish build. Sorry, but that's just a bit too much, I'm afraid. But how about a pair of neighbour's Drakens? Flygvapnet + Ilmavoimat taken, and for good this time ;-) V-P

Edited by vppelt68
  • Like 1