Lesser Built Air Forces GB + CONFIRM BUILDS NOW +

CliffB

Linden Hill decals for Bush War Hinds, including Black 101 of the Afghan Northern Alliance and Black 317 of the pre-1979 Afghan Air Force, arrived today. Now then, which set of Afghan decals to use.......

• Like 1

To clearly mark the border between China and Taiwan, would it be possible to refer to them by PRC (China) and ROC (Taiwan)?

Don't want to appear as a nitpicker, so I'll explain my view.

ROC exist since 1912, first in China mainland, and then in Taiwan when KMT went there following their defeat in 1949.

PRC is in existence since 1949.

No problem at all for Oldman and me if we choose a subject from AFTER 1949.

But what if we are interested in something BEFORE 1949?

To me, subjects from 1912 to 1949 belongs to ROC, is that ok with everyone?

All of this because I came upon a specific box in my stash that could bring a quite unique subject to the GB.

Not decided yet, because I've to dig for some references....

Linden Hill decals for Bush War Hinds, including Black 101 of the Afghan Northern Alliance and Black 317 of the pre-1979 Afghan Air Force, arrived today. Now then, which set of Afghan decals to use.......

My kit and decals are ordered from big H and should be with me today or Monday.

There's nothing nicer than getting new goodies through the post and it's also good to see that the Christmas post is still working OK!

Cliff

I see that Old Man's choice is for a Curtiss, which clearly belong to ROC (Same roundel as nowadays ROCAF).

In this case, I'd be happy to leave him ROC/Taiwan.

It woulld make PRC/China available again, and I'll manage to get myself another country.

Doesn't sounds really difficult.

To clearly mark the border between China and Taiwan, would it be possible to refer to them by PRC (China) and ROC (Taiwan)?

Don't want to appear as a nitpicker, so I'll explain my view.

ROC exist since 1912, first in China mainland, and then in Taiwan when KMT went there following their defeat in 1949.

PRC is in existence since 1949.

No problem at all for Oldman and me if we choose a subject from AFTER 1949.

But what if we are interested in something BEFORE 1949?

To me, subjects from 1912 to 1949 belongs to ROC, is that ok with everyone?

All of this because I came upon a specific box in my stash that could bring a quite unique subject to the GB.

Not decided yet, because I've to dig for some references....

I see that Old Man's choice is for a Curtiss, which clearly belong to ROC (Same roundel as nowadays ROCAF).

In this case, I'd be happy to leave him ROC/Taiwan.

It woulld make PRC/China available again, and I'll manage to get myself another country.

Doesn't sounds really difficult.

Hi Antoine

I was just compiling a suitable response (along the lines that if your Mustang was to be post 1949, that would be OK), but your good suggestion has allowed be to sling it straight into the Recycling Bin! Thank you.

I look forward to seeing which next country is in your sights.

Cheers

Cliff

There's nothing nicer than getting new goodies through the post and it's also good to see that the Christmas post is still working OK!

Cliff

Nice big box arrived from big H with a C-47 and decals for several French aircraft in service in Vietnam

Edited by Mish
  • Like 3