The other manufacturers are probably waiting for the A350 to start full series production and Airbus to start painting them :lol:. The first full production aircraft is MSN006 and the sub-assemblies have just started arriving at Toulouse; I understand it's expected to roll-out in Qatar's colours sometime in March/April. As such, anything released now will be pure speculation. Look out for MSN002 though, it's expected to receive quite a different livery to the current test aircraft.

I guess Gaston is basing his decals on the renderings produced when an order is announced, or on the A330 equivalents. Without being too specific :ninja: I can say for certain that the Nazca decals for the Qatar A350 will eventually need to be updated since the logos need modifying to get a truly accurate livery. It's pretty close though. Actually if you're after an 'in-service' look now, I'd suggest you try the decals for a A330-300 or A340-300 since the A350-900 is only slightly longer and the fin is surprisingly similar in size. Decals for the Boeing 777 might also work.

I would guess that Revell asked/paid for Daco to produce the kit's sheet with a clear option only. It is frustrating if you want to fill the windows as they are a different size and shape to those on the earlier aircraft, so you can't use the decals for those. I'm sure that they'll be provided on aftermarket sheets, as Nazca have done. Maybe the solution, for now, is to paint the transparencies on the inside - although masking will be a real pain.

Jonathan

• Like 1

I would guess that Revell asked/paid for Daco to produce the kit's sheet with a clear option only. It is frustrating if you want to fill the windows as they are a different size and shape to those on the earlier aircraft, so you can't use the decals for those. I'm sure that they'll be provided on aftermarket sheets, as Nazca have done. Maybe the solution, for now, is to paint the transparencies on the inside - although masking will be a real pain.

Jonathan

Another option would be to paint over the windows when painting the fuselage and then come back after to paint the windows very carefully :shrug:

-Tyler

Edited by T.Moore1521

I am looking at doing some decals for the A350 when i get hold of a kit , my decals will come with window decals

Richard

AA

Virgin Atlantic

Virgin Australia

BA

Etihad

Thomas cook new grey livery

Norwigan

Please please please

AA

Virgin Atlantic

Virgin Australia

BA

Etihad

Thomas cook new grey livery

Norwigan

Please please please

Hi Chris

i can do Virgin Australia , Virgin Atlantic, BA , Etihad Thomas Cook i will struugle to do Norwegian Due to the white titles

Open window equals accuracy so should always be an option and it no option it should be the only way.

It may be accurate but, not all of us are bothered about accuracy. I don't count rivets and, I certainly don't count portholes!!. I always fill the wretched things in. I prefer decals. Perhaps airliner kits could provide BOTH options? Flash over the portholes and provide decals for those who prefer that option and, provide a small punch to open the portholes for those who prefer THAT option? I hardly think it would add much to the cost of the kit

Allan

I'm all for providing both decal options, but please, Revell (or anyone else) don't flash over the window apertures! Even with a punch, it'd be nigh on impossible to end up with windows that were completely even! Surely you can just glue in the clear window parts, wipe some filler over the top and paint over them?

I feel a rant coming on, so I'll stop there.

Happy New Year!

Andrew

• Like 1

That is one cool colour scheme!! At first glance I thought it was some kind of Air New Zealand livery, but it looks great. I'll be keeping fingers crossed for some enterprising decal producer to release this.

• 1 month later...

Whilst browsing today, it seems as though Qatar will introduce a new/modified colour scheme for their A350 according to this article

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-s-airbus-a350-on-track-as-airbus-reveals-new-launch-customer-livery.

And this one too-

http://www.traveldailynews.com/news/article/58923/qatar-airways-ceo-visits-the

Edited by pinky coffeeboat

Whilst browsing today, it seems as though Qatar will introduce a new/modified colour scheme for their A350 according to this article

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-s-airbus-a350-on-track-as-airbus-reveals-new-launch-customer-livery.

And this one too-

http://www.traveldailynews.com/news/article/58923/qatar-airways-ceo-visits-the

Isn't that just an Airbus 'marketing' livery rather than an actual Qatar livery?

Andrew

Yes, that's the fourth A350, F-WZNW, the next test aircraft in the certification programme. It's so Airbus can promote Qatar as the launch customer and show it off to Al-Baker when he visits, but this won't be representative of the actual livery. The line aircraft will have the standard grey/white QTR livery with the Oryx on the tail (similar to the Nazca sheet).

From the Airbus Press release, here's the new livery for MSN002/F-WWCF (as in Carbon Fibre :)). This and MSN005 will have full passenger cabin layouts for long range trials:

800x600_1388659214_DSC_6087.jpg

800x600_1388659216_DSC_6096.jpg

WOW!! It's so cool that I didn't resist!! I did those decals and I can't wait to try them on my just bought kit!!!

BAD61A25-9FEF-4FB6-B7D5-1B1B69CB0228_zps

Edited by MadRicky
  • Like 1