This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Madmonk

Webstore up and running!

Good point Chris.

I have also uploaded some photos of the kits built in and sorted out the slight posting issue, would allow anyone within UK to buy!!

Cheers,

Warren

Hawk set ordered! Always supportive of new ventures like this. Good luck Warren, hope it all works out!!

Riggers,

An Iron Man set is on the cards in the near future.

Benbow, thanks for the order, will be in the post on Monday.

Cheers,

Warren

Riggers,

An Iron Man set is on the cards in the near future.

Benbow, thanks for the order, will be in the post on Monday.

Cheers,

Warren

Warren, if you need any assistance, please do give me a shout. I have Moebius & Dragon on the go.

ATB....

Gruffy,

I've tried to make them as easy as possible to fit the kits, the X-Wing needs some slight mods to get the engine light wires into the fuselage but it's all detailed in the instructions. The TIE Fighter and Y-Wing just need holes for the fibres.

I'll PM a set of instructions over for the X-Wing tomorrow.

Rigger, I have one of the Moebius Iron Man kits, are they much different to the Dragon kits. Hands are easy enough as are the eyes, just need to think about the Arc Reactor chest piece.

Cheers,

Warren

if that lighting kit had been for a 1/48 hawk T1 i would have had it as im doing one in january.

Noeyedears,

Leave it with me a couple of days and I will see what I can do as it may only be a case of altering the size of the fibre guides and checking if the SMD will fit in a 1/48 nose.

Cheers,

Warren

Can confirm Warren's lighting kits are good and with, easy to follow instructions. I have the Tie Fighter lighting kit. Not built yet but am pleased with Warren's lighting kit. :)

Billy D

Noeyedears,

Leave it with me a couple of days and I will see what I can do as it may only be a case of altering the size of the fibre guides and checking if the SMD will fit in a 1/48 nose.

Cheers,

Warren

Starting about the second or third week in january, ill wait :-D

Gruffy,

I've tried to make them as easy as possible to fit the kits, the X-Wing needs some slight mods to get the engine light wires into the fuselage but it's all detailed in the instructions. The TIE Fighter and Y-Wing just need holes for the fibres.

I'll PM a set of instructions over for the X-Wing tomorrow.

Rigger, I have one of the Moebius Iron Man kits, are they much different to the Dragon kits. Hands are easy enough as are the eyes, just need to think about the Arc Reactor chest piece.

Cheers,

Warren

Warren, not that much different mate. Just have to put the resistors further away from the LED so when you bend the wires/light into place, the resistors don't get in the way.

For a very much novice sparky, I managed it without a hitch.

ATB & look I forward to your "offerings"....

Thanks Riggers,

My thoughts were to use a couple of flat top 3mm LEDs for the hands, a blue SMD for the eyes and a 3mm LED for the reactor, Its just how to put a lens in the reactor front.

Cheers,

Warren

Warren,

Have you seen my tutorial for the lighting etc.? 3mm white LED's for his hands & eyes & 5mm for his chest. His eyes aren't blue, just the outer rim are blue.....

ATB

Found your tutorial Riggers, very informative.

For the eyes I would probably go with some white 1206 SMD LEDs, my original thought was to have the kit fully prewired but looking at your tutorial it might make painting an issue so pin sockets might be a better solution. If you put a microprocessor in the mix you could add a little bit of pulsing to the reactor though not sure if that's necessary!

Cheers,

Warren

Hi Warren,

Nice idea.....the only part that "could" need the processor are his chest & eyes staying on, yet his hands & feet coming on on a separate channel. His chest & eyes are on all the time, yet when he's in flight or killing things, his hands are separate.

Nice ideas though............ATB

Hi Tonio,

The Revell kit arrived a couple of days ago so will be looking at something very soon!

Cheers,

Warren

Hi Warren,

Nice idea.....the only part that "could" need the processor are his chest & eyes staying on, yet his hands & feet coming on on a separate channel. His chest & eyes are on all the time, yet when he's in flight or killing things, his hands are separate.

Nice ideas though............ATB

Riggers, you might be able to set up a motion sensor so that as someone walked past the hand impulser fired a couple of bursts!!

This is starting to run away with itself, think I will stick to a simple all on light set for now.

Cheers,

Warren

Riggers, you might be able to set up a motion sensor so that as someone walked past the hand impulser fired a couple of bursts!!

This is starting to run away with itself, think I will stick to a simple all on light set for now.

Cheers,

Warren

Lol.....would be a VERY good idea mate! Keep the chest & eyes on all the time, then let the hands have it when you walk past? Like it.....like it alot!

ATB......

Hi Tonio,

The Revell kit arrived a couple of days ago so will be looking at something very soon!

Cheers,

Warren

Hello Warren

That's fantastic, looking forward to it, my kit should be here tomorrow, but will hold of building it, will order the viper model kits to keep me going.

Look forward to seeing the lights for the Galactica.

Regards

Tonio

No problem Tonio,

Just to entice you further I already do a lighting kit fit the Mk 7 and have a Mk 2 almost done, both on the web site.

Sales pitch over!

Cheers,

Warren

Been playing around with the iron Man kit over the weekend and come up with this so far.

IMG_0079_zps7ea74a16.jpg

The LEDs for the hand impulsers and eyes are wired to pins to allow the arms and head to be built up then connected to the main body with the LEDs being plugged into the double header sockets and when its all put together it looks like this.

IMG_0078_zps12002cad.jpg

Will probably end up doing two kits, one like this and one with impulsers for the feet too.

Cheers,

Warren