Over south Lincoln today 27/12/13

Skeg

Whilst at my mum and dads today i done the usual rush out when i heard some jet noise. I stared upwards to look for the typhoon that i expected to see but saw something else instead. I saw two aircraft (jet fighter size) going through some sort of manouvers together but one was definitely not a typhoon, even after being disagreed with by my dad.

What i saw in the sillohette was a plane with a slightly cranked wing, not the large triangle of the typhoon, and i could see daylight between the wing and two horizontal tailplanes.

Anyone know what this could've been? Any multinational training sorties going on today that anyone knows about in that area of lincolnshire?

Would love to find out what it was i was watching for 30mins or so.

Thanks

Oh and it wasn't a tornado as the wings were not thin enough.

OOOOOH, very possibly although not sure the overall silohette was big enough.

It sounds rediculous but the outline looked more like a mig29.

Was about 9.30 to 10.30 they were about. Heard some other noise later but couldn't see anything.

Would F15's been up around lincoln way? Not sure how far lakenheath is away.

Heard the characteristic sound of F-15's over Norwich yesterday morning, almost a daily sight here. You'd be surprised how far they go, saw a couple belting down the North Yorks coast when we were up there last summer!

Heard the characteristic sound of F-15's over Norwich yesterday morning, almost a daily sight here. You'd be surprised how far they go, saw a couple belting down the North Yorks coast when we were up there last summer!

I have seen F15's over the Borders at Lauder before and last week caught a nanosecond glimpse of an aircraft through trees which looked like one but couldn't swear to it

So, an F15 is one of my "still got to see flying" aircraft and the one time i see two of them virtually in dogfighting practice i didn't even know it was them. Bugger!

We get the Lakenheath F-15's right up here in Yorkshire on a regular basis, Had 2 over Scarborough Harbour a couple of weeks ago, Had them over my village (Flamborough) many a time, Think they where using the Bombing Range at Donna Nook, Lincolnshire last week too

• 2 weeks later...

I have a rather 'quiet' kind of a job these days, but I am outdoors all day in the Cambs/Norfolfk borders. A highlight of the day is often the military traffic.

F-15's often 'dog fight' and roll and loop around the sky, Typhoons too, you can hear the afterburners giving it the works for miles around the Fens. Never seen a Typhoon mix it with an Eagle, but I live in hope!

Who would win? Only one way to find out..............................FIGHT!!!!

• Like 1