Sea King Single Type Group Build

My Revell AEW kit is ready lurking in the stash and well groked in preparation for the off. I downloaded some pics of the 'bag' in the week, so that will be the first thing I make. The kit part is for an inflated one!

Colin

Can you please add me? I happened to get a Revell 1:48 Sea King which I always wanted to build to an Apollo rescue scene. But I know I will not be able to finish such a project in four month so plan to do Old 66 on the ground and on its own. In lack of Old66 decals I will do my own (I already did but still need to print them still) and hope to can limit myself to a mostly OOB build.

Rene

• Like 2

Can you please add me? I happened to get a Revell 1:48 Sea King which I always wanted to build to an Apollo rescue scene. But I know I will not be able to finish such a project in four month so plan to do Old 66 on the ground and on its own. In lack of Old66 decals I will do my own (I already did but still need to print them still) and hope to can limit myself to a mostly OOB build.

Rene

Watch out for the instructions, espescially the decal guide, apparently it's terrible.

Hgbn: I'm going to go 1:72, either airfix or revell. I have them in my carts on different online shops, but the ridiculous shipping costs are making me hesitate.

K

• Like 1

My Revell AEW kit is ready lurking in the stash and well groked in preparation for the off. I downloaded some pics of the 'bag' in the week, so that will be the first thing I make. The kit part is for an inflated one!

Colin

I'm building the Airfix version and have got a deflated bag from Freightdog, might save you having to scratch one.

I'm building the Airfix version and have got a deflated bag from Freightdog, might save you having to scratch one.

Hi Mish, thanks for the heads-up, I'm in contact with Colin so I'll ask if he has one.

Colin

• Like 1

1: hgbn host

2: Mish

3: bootneck

4: CliffB

5: RNoAF Aerobatic Team

6: Paul J

7: Graham77

8: Atom_uk

9: andyf117

10: Mozzy19

11: Rodders154

12: Stephen

13:Goggsy

14: Enzo Matrix

15: heloman1

16: Tornado

17: Harry Lime

18: kwaterous Co host

19: Evalman

20: Ex-FAAWAFU

21: Rickpadwick1801

22: Gorilla

23: Windy

24: Trojan Thunder

25: NeilOP

26: infofrog

27: mungo1974

28: Shane

29: moaning dolphin

30: Jorgen Stendahl

31: aidy

32: wimbledon99

33. Biglad82

34: T7 models

35: Wafu

36: Rodders154

37: Dazzio

38: Caerbannog

39: Moggy

Added to the list Rene

Edited by hgbn
  • Like 2

Rene

Are those decals sold out again? Too bad, they're very nice. I know they were gone at one point but in June 2013 when I got mine they were available once more. If you want a copy of their instructions that come with the sheet I can scan it for you, I found it quite informative and useful when I did mine.

• Like 2

If the deflated bag is on offer and heloman doesn't want/need it, I'm in the market for one (two, actually!) - assuming it's a 1/72 one, that is?

Are those decals sold out again? Too bad, they're very nice. I know they were gone at one point but in June 2013 when I got mine they were available once more. If you want a copy of their instructions that come with the sheet I can scan it for you, I found it quite informative and useful when I did mine.

They turn up quite often on eBay - there are currently both the 1/48 and the much rarer 1/72 version available:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fantasy-Printshop-Decals-1-48-SIKORSKY-SH-3D-SEAKING-152711-Apollo-11-Recovery-/191127049286?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item2c800f5446

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Starfighter-Decals-1-72-SIKORSKY-SEA-KING-OLD-66-Apollo-13-Recovery-Helicopter-/361115041150?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item5414223d7e

• Like 1

Hi ladies and chaps!

May I join in? I meant to join this GB earlier and I've just discovered I'm not on the list :(

I'll be doing a SH-3D from Argentine Naval Aviation. Fujimi+Revell

Here's 2-H-231 as it was 1982/04/02

01_2.jpg

57960_160149757333774_146463245369092_55

287180_237020956341914_214542278589782_6

THIS year I'm going to complete all my GB entries... Last year I tanked out of all GBs :wacko: to my everlasting shame! :banghead:

That's why I'll be FINISHING my LBAFGB G.222 within this month :ninja: in order to get to grips to my Sea King GB without distractions... then onwards to SFIIGB! :analintruder:

Cheers, Moggy

• Like 1

The 1.48 version is sold out at the moment - I saw that you build Old 66 when I searched for what the special Hasegawa box contains but did not read the WIP yet (I will surely do!) The instructions will be very helpful for me - I will PM you on this today. :yahoo:

The 1:48 scale version is not the one from "Old 66 Decals" and the 1:72 version is not sold out at the moment. Old 66 Decals will rerelease the 1:48 version but probably not soon enough.

Rene

Sorry it's not for sale I was pointing out that I had one that I was using but they are available from Frightdog

Ah, OK - I obviously read too much into your original post!

1/72 deflated bags are hard to find - Freightdog only have the 1/48 one listed, as do others.

There is a Rotor Craft version available from the US, but it's around £12 with shipping....

Okay in the engine gray scheme?

No, still white and grey, used for the pickup after the first successful Apollo mission, Apollo 7 in 1968 - everyone does Apollo 11 and it's so 1969....

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images/apollo/apollo7/html/s68-49661.html

But it won't be for the GB - it's just one on my to do list....

Edited by andyf117
  • Like 1

Would be cool if Airfix or Revell was going to do some of the early versions now they have such fine tools. Could be nice with a piece of water and space capsule included. And a new tool HH-3E/F.

• Like 1

Thanks for the instructions on OLD 66 Jörgen! I ordered short sponsons and etched parts for the Sea King from Flightpath UK today - thanks David Parkins for the fast and kind help!

So much for my OOB plan - I should have known...

I will resume work on my own decals now to have them ready in time.

Rene