Sea King Single Type Group Build

Please excuse the question but why so many????

1. Westland Prototype XV370

2. HAS.1

3. HAS.2

4. AEW.2

5. HAR.3

6. HAR.3A

7. HC.4

8. HC.4+

9. Mk.4X

10. HAR.5

11. HAS.5

12. HAS.6

13. HAS.6 (CR)

14. ASaC.7

15. Mk.48

16. Mk.50

17. SH-3A

18. SH-3D

19. SH-3G

20. SH-3H

21. RH-3D (UH-3D)

22. VH-3D

23. CH-124

24. HSS-2B

• Like 1

I think I may have to withdraw from this GB :weep:

I've just looked at the GB calendar for next year and I'll be committed to the lesser built airforce GB which runs around the same time as this. I'm intending to build two aircraft for that so a third in this GB (an S-61N as well) would be too much and with my work schedule I don't think I'd finish in time. I still intend to build G-AYOM S-61N in BEA livery but it will have to be a later date and in my own time...

Thanks and good luck everyone.

• Like 1

Milktrip, I may be misunderstanding you, and the rules too, but if you mean you're building an S-61 for the lesser built air forces GB, then I believe that you're allowed to post pictures in both GBs.

Sorry if I've misunderstood.

Wimbledon, I think I've signed up for an even busier year...

K

Hi Kwaterous, sorry I'm just not very good at explaining things. The reason I would have to withdraw is that I really don't think I'll be able to complete my build in time. I'm building two aircraft in the lesser built airforce GB so a third in this one is rather a lot.

However, I suppose I could still make a start. Ive been wanting to build G-AYOM for a while now as my Dad had worked on it at one point (not in BEA livery though), she has some local significance and I believe it is/was the longest serving civilian S-61; this GB is the ideal opportunity to start. As she is an S-61N I'd be using the whirlybirds conversion set and I think there would be a lot of time involved in building this. But if I at least make a start then that's good for me. I know It's okay not to finish a GB but knowing you won't finish before you even start, is that considered rude and against the spirit?

Cheers

Aaron

I got this in the post today:

100_3173_zps55eb6ee9.jpg

So it begs the question ............ can we start yet? can we start yet? can we start yet? can we start yet? can we start yet? can we start yet? can we start yet? can we start yet? can we start yet? can we start yet? can we start yet? can we start yet?can we start yet? can we start yet? can we start yet? can we start yet?

Hi Kwaterous, sorry I'm just not very good at explaining things. The reason I would have to withdraw is that I really don't think I'll be able to complete my build in time. I'm building two aircraft in the lesser built airforce GB so a third in this one is rather a lot.

However, I suppose I could still make a start. Ive been wanting to build G-AYOM for a while now as my Dad had worked on it at one point (not in BEA livery though), she has some local significance and I believe it is/was the longest serving civilian S-61; this GB is the ideal opportunity to start. As she is an S-61N I'd be using the whirlybirds conversion set and I think there would be a lot of time involved in building this. But if I at least make a start then that's good for me. I know It's okay not to finish a GB but knowing you won't finish before you even start, is that considered rude and against the spirit?

Cheers

Aaron

Only advise I can give is to follow your heart. No need to get stressed before it even begins. Personally I have no problem with it. If you only get started on it before it ends. The whole purpose is to have fun with the hobby.

Cheers Henrik,

Im far from stressed about it, I wasn't really sure the 'netiquette' when it came to group builds was all. If there are no objections from the hosts then I'll still take part but I am pretty certain my entry will not be complete in time, but I'll give it my all. :thumbsup:

Cheers Henrik,

Im far from stressed about it, I wasn't really sure the 'netiquette' when it came to group builds was all. If there are no objections from the hosts then I'll still take part but I am pretty certain my entry will not be complete in time, but I'll give it my all. :thumbsup:

I feel your pain milktrip - I've got an S-61L lined up using a Transport Wings conversion and it sure isn't going to be a quick and easy build!

Cheers

Cliff

My build will also be a conversion. A Fujimi 1/72 westland Sea King converted to a RDAF S-61A using a ancient Albert Tureczek conversion kit for the bigger pontoons and tail section. I actually have 2 sets of both so I might build both. A early version in silver with dayglo and the last two tone grey version before being retired.

I feel your pain milktrip - I've got an S-61L lined up using a Transport Wings conversion and it sure isn't going to be a quick and easy build!

Cheers

Cliff

Likewise ..about to start a 1:48 Westland has.6 build but due to work and very little free tine unlikely to stick to build period. Will follow this GB with huge interest though. Best wishes to you all.

Longevity is the King 😆😉

• Like 1

I was looking forward to this GB but I'm afraid I am going to have to pull out. Committed to a couple others all starting very soon and I know I won't have the time and lack of a kit and inspiration. Also due to "outside issues."

I will keep an eye on proceedings though and try to concentrate on at least one of the other GBs starting this weekend.