21: Rickpadwick1801

22: Gorilla

23: Windy

24: Trojan Thunder

25: NeilOP

Edited by hgbn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Would a S-61N be okay? If so I'd like to join in. Got a revell 1/72 kit and the whirlybits conversion on my 'to build' list so perfect opportunity. My plan would be to build G-AYOM in early BEA livery.

Cheers

Aaron

Edited by milktrip

Would a S-61N be okay? If so I'd like to join in. Got a revell 1/72 kit and the whirlybits conversion on my 'to build' list so perfect opportunity. My plan would be to build G-AYOM in early BEA livery.

Cheers

Aaron

If you check the second post in the thread the first type mentioned is S61. So I am sure it I would be eligible.

What are the Dragon kits like?

An overpriced caricature of the aircraft it is supposed to represent. Avoid at all costs! Best Sea King in 1/72 is Revell, but even that is not immune from errors. The undercarriage sponsons are slightly small, but Whirlybird do resin replacements if you don't fancy robbing some from a scrapped Airfix kit. However, the Revell kit is a Westland Sea King, and if you want to do an HH-3A, you'd be needing a Sikorsky Sea King. Best OOB option for that in 1/72 would be the Fujimi kit, but it is a little basic with the details compared to the Revell kit. With a little work, it can be made into a decent looking model. Revell and Fujimi kits are both light years ahead of the Airfix kit and the Dragon one is a modern tooling, but is pretty poor in terms of overall accuracy and shape. There is a pretty extensive thread somewhere on the site when CyberHobby announced it and presented some test shots which details the problem areas.

Mark.

• Like 1

Well, there is a couple of kits in 1:72

Airfix(ancient and reboxed bt mpm)

Revell(quite nice & modern)

Cyber-Hobby(pricey)

In 1:48

Hasegawa(pricey)

K

There are also Sikorksy and Westland Sea King boxings by Fujimi in 1/72 and a Platz boxing in 1/144

Would this be right model for this build ?

Rick

133704-10105.jpg

Yep, that one would be fine

There are also Sikorksy and Westland Sea King boxings by Fujimi in 1/72 and a Platz boxing in 1/144

Ray,

The Fujimi Westland boxings are in name only, the plastic within is the same as the Sikorsky boxings. They need a bit of work to make them proper Westland machines. The tail rotor pylon needs replacing, the generator bulge needs adding to the port side of the MRH and some of the vents and grills need adding/removed.

Regards,

Mark.

Thank you very much Mish.

Welcome to everyone who wants to join this STGB

I want to keep the rules as simple as possible. So my suggestion is as follows:

(snippers, to save space)

From any nation or operator, Civil or military

No limits on after market stuff or scale.

I hope I'm not too late to join - and that I'll remember this GB is on and that I joined when the time actually arrives. I'm reaching an age when things often slip my mind.

Possibly two.

RAN Seaking using the 1/72 Revell kit as a basis, *maybe* with special scheme markings

and if I have time and the enthusiasm survives....

1/144 Sweet Seaking, probably in a German or Japanese version and markings

Shane

• 1 month later...