Sea King Single Type Group Build

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

Would like to get in on this build.

Any one know if a HH-3 Jolly Green in 1/48th has been produced? Would like to do a USCG Pelican to add to my SAR collection.

Cheers the Woo

• 1 month later...

Now that Airfix has announced a new Sea king Mk4 I think that the start date for the group build is a bit unfortunate.

Never mind

Rodders

I was thinking the same :winkgrin:

Simon

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait for this one to start, wanted to go for something different. I've got some anniversary markings for a Belgian aircraft that I have worked on. I'm hoping they arrive in time!

On an aside I've found some photos of a particular aircraft, and I have a Revell mk6 built up that didn't survive my move to Canada that might get worked on in tandem but probably wouldn't be in the scope of the group build but will be entertaining non the less!

Edited by moaning dolphin

I have also been trawling the web for other inspirations (stop it you mucky buggers!) and was wondering who will come up with this interesting scheme?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dyvroeth/6907590660/in/photolist-bwpcHW-bKiX36-bwpd3G-bFhvk2-bFhvir-e1NQwF

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevebr/8541776387/in/photolist-bwpcHW-bKiX36-bwpd3G-bFhvk2-bFhvir-e1NQwF

An interesting take on display recently at the Falmouth Maritime museum, hmmmmmmm!

I thought I'd put up an updated list seeing as we haven't had one in a while.

I'm not sure where hgbn has gone, does anybody know?

1: hgbn host

2: Mish

3: bootneck

4: CliffB

5: RNoAF Aerobatic Team

6: Paul J

7: Graham77

8: Atom_uk

9: andyf117

10: Mozzy19

11: Rodders154

12: Stephen

13:Goggsy

14: Enzo Matrix

15: heloman1

16: Tornado

17: Harry Lime

18: kwaterous Co host

19: Evalman

20: Ex-FAAWAFU

21: Rickpadwick1801

22: Gorilla

23: Windy

24: Trojan Thunder

25: NeilOP

26: infofrog

27: mungo1974

28: Shane

29: moaning dolphin

30: Jorgen Stendahl

31: aidy

32: wimbledon99

33. Biglad82

34: T7 models

35: Wafu

36: Rodders154

37: Dazzio

There's a whole bunch of us now... :)

K

• Like 1

Look at this way, Rodders. It's a way of getting that Sea King you've had for ages out of the way before the new Airfix kit is available.

I will be using my C Scale MK4 conversion to do an early one as they came out of the factory with the large white lettering.

Rodders

PS I note on the list I am number 11 and number 36

Oops... I done goofed :P

A (hopefully) corrected list. If anyone notices another problem, point it out an I'll fix it

1: hgbn host

12: Stephen

13:Goggsy

14: Enzo Matrix

15: heloman1

16: Tornado

17: Harry Lime

18: kwaterous Co host

19: Evalman

20: Ex-FAAWAFU

21: Rickpadwick1801

22: Gorilla

23: Windy

24: Trojan Thunder

25: NeilOP

26: infofrog

27: mungo1974

28: Shane

29: moaning dolphin

30: Jorgen Stendahl

31: aidy

32: wimbledon99

33. Biglad82

34: T7 models

35: Wafu

36: Dazzio

37: Milktrip

K

I'll hopefully manage to build a few of these:

Kits.jpg

Current plan is an RAF HAR.3/3A, a FAA HAR.5, a USN SH-3H (SAR), a RAN Mk.50, and possibly a BAF Mk.48.

Might be a trifle over-ambitious, especially as Feb/Mar are the busiest months of the year at work....

But using production-line methods, I can at least start the five listed (or maybe more!), and cut back to two or three if necessary....

• Like 1

I'll hopefully manage to build a few of these:

Kits.jpg

Current plan is an RAF HAR.3/3A, a FAA HAR.5, a USN SH-3H (SAR), a RAN Mk.50, and possibly a BAF Mk.48.

Might be a trifle over-ambitious, especially as Feb/Mar are the busiest months of the year at work....

But using production-line methods, I can at least start the five listed (or maybe more!), and cut back to two or three if necessary....

:gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked:

:gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked:

And the photo doesn't even show the whole picture - the three top left Revell boxes each contain two kits, as do three of the Fujimi ones!

The Cyber Hobby kit is unlikely to actually get built - it was acquired recently as a trade on here to serve as a donor for a number of parts....

All those Sea King kits and not an Airfix one in sight, I am supprised. My first choice was for the Haswaga kit into a Commando but I think in all honesty I'll build a Revell 72nd kit.

Colin

PS. Just checked my stash I have the HAS6/AEW issue of the Revell kit,so it an 849 NAS AEW2 for me.

Edited by heloman1

And the photo doesn't even show the whole picture - the three top left Revell boxes each contain two kits, as do three of the Fujimi ones!

The Cyber Hobby kit is unlikely to actually get built - it was acquired recently as a trade on here to serve as a donor for a number of parts....

Please excuse the question but why so many????

My goodness Andy, this should be interesting to watch.... 19 boxes, 25? Kits?

Another updated list... I like lists :P

1: hgbn host?