Sea King Single Type Group Build

Thank you very much Mish.

Welcome to everyone who wants to join this STGB

I want to keep the rules as simple as possible. So my suggestion is as follows:

Any member of the Sea King family designated S-61x, SH-3x, HH-3x, CH-3x, VH-3x, UH-3x, CH-124x, AS-61x, ASH-3x, HSS-2x, named Sea King, Pelican, Jolly Green Giant ( not to be confused with CH-53 Super jolly Green Giant) or Commando.

Produced by Sikorsky, United Aircraft of Canada, Augusta, Westland or Mitsubishi should be eligible. From any nation or operator, Civil or military

No limits on after market stuff or scale.

I am open for further suggestions if I have missed something

Participants so far:

1: hgbn host

2: Mish

3: bootneck

4: CliffB

5: RNoAF Aerobatic Team

6: Paul J

7: Graham77

8: Atom_uk

9: andyf117

10: Mozzy19

11: Rodders154

12: Stephen

13:Goggsy

14: Enzo Matrix

15: heloman1

16: Tornado

17: Harry Lime

18: kwaterous Co host

19: Evalman

20: Ex-FAAWAFU

21: Rickpadwick1801

22: Gorilla

23: Windy

24: Trojan Thunder

Edited by hgbn

Looks like a good set of rules to me, hgbn.

I'll be doing a 1/72 New York Airways S-61L, using the Transport Wings conversion kit, with an Airfix Sea King (plus some Airwaves PE).

Thanks for organising things.

Cliff

I must've missed this one getting floated, but you can count me in! It'll be something Westland built in 1/72, anything from the RAF or FAA. I'll decide closer to the time.

Mark.

• 4 weeks later...

Count me in! Mine will either be an 820 NAS HAS5, or an 819 NAS SAR cab - either way, using the 1/48 Hasegawa "Ark Royal" boxing as my starting point.

My modelling has slowed to a glacial rate at the moment, because of a combination of a new job (fun, but full-on) and a 90-year-old Mum who is starting to struggle physically. Let's see whether a GB can kick me into action if things are still the same in a year!

When I was visiting my Cousin in Greenland some years ago I flew with this one http://img.planespotters.net/media/photos/original/060000/PlanespottersNet_060379.jpg One of the most beautiful flights I ever had flown. I lost my heart up there. Its simply the most stunning nature in the entire world. I could live there for rest of my life if I got the chance.

If someone asked me to describe Greenland with one word only. It would be drum roll please!!!! SILENCE. Man I miss that place

Edited by hgbn
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...