Best free/cheap Photoshop app?

bootneck

I've received a Windows 8.1 thingy for Christmas so I thought I would download an app, for processing images of model kits :photo: etc., but find that there are literally dozens of them! :shrug:

Would be grateful to hear from anyone who can recommend an inexpensive app, that will let me do things like Warp, Crop and resize etc., as well as the usual photo-editing features. :)

thanks

Mike

Mike,

Good advice above, Photoshop CS2 is indeed available as a free download and GIMP too is a good freebie though a little more difficult to use.

Picasa is a favourite of mine, it organises my photos and fixes them quickly on a 'one touch' basis most of the time. It certainly does crop and resize but I don't know what you mean about warp...

John.

Thanks guys,

I'm new to Windows 8.1 and thought I could only use Apps, hence my request. If I can download Photoshop CS2 and use that on my ultrabook then the problems will be solved. Thanks for the heads up and I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Warp is that feature in Photoshop where you can pull out the edges (i.e. if you've not taken your photo square on and the frame looks tapered) to make all sides level etc.

Thanks again

Mike

Photoscape was recommended to me on another forum; I've been using it for a while and it seems to check most boxes. Being a freebie, you have to wade through various 'download FREE!' buttons that in fact only download file converter widgets and suchlike to find the actual app, but it is worth the shopping time.

I use Photoshop 2, which you can download free from Adobe.

That offer seems to have disappeared as I can't find it.

Any advice as to how to get to the link?

cheers

Mike

Hi Mike

Basically the free Photoshop download was an almighty own goal by Adobe, it was never mean't to be free to everyone but only users who had a legitimate copy of the CS2 suite who complained when the activation servers were shut down. But then again if you are going to put up download links AND codes you reap what you sow.
The download page is still available but it seems you need an Adobe account to get to it. PM on way.
Cheers
Si

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

In case people are still looking, there is a program called 'darktable' (a very obvious play on 'Lightroom') that seems to do everything you could need. I haven't used it, but have it on my list of 'things to check out when I get time'. And it's free, as well.

https://www.darktable.org/

• Like 1