Panavia Tornado GR1 1/72 diorama (Gulf War)

Twigman

Hello!!

So, Christmas Day and I can start on something I've been meaning to start for the last few months :D

As in title, this is a GR1 Tornado in a combat setting, I have a 60x60cm board which is hopefully enough to place everything on (I can't go any larger, as the cadet competition I'm hoping to enter it in won't take any larger than that!!). Revell Tornado with a bit of aftermarket for the extra detail and nose replacement (*especially* the nose). Today hopefully I'll get all the flash removal done as there's quite a bit all over the shop.

P.S. this is my first WIP, constructive criticism welcome (encouraged actually, I want this to be a good model!!)

IMG_5903_zps8009748f.jpg

IMG_5905_zpsa3c2937e.jpg

IMG_5906_zps2abd237d.jpg

Good old bit of flash!!

Merry Christmas everyone :santa:

Thanks for looking

Twig

• Like 2

Haha thanks, Merry Christmas to you both too :-) turns out there wasn't as much flash as I originally said, so it's on with the under wing explodey stuff while waiting for the flight path cockpit.

Twig

Twig..

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO you ALL.

TORNADO are MY favorite jets amongst others so this will be Awesome to follow.

I was privileged to be able to see the Beautiful jets at RAF LEUCHARS last Monday as they landed and took off...Oh yeah I was about ten feet from them inside the base..

Looking forward to this tremendously twigman..

Good luck. :yahoo:

Edited by HOUSTON

I'll do the best I can Houston, I know EXACTLY how you feel, I love Tornados second only to Warthogs. Saw a pair do a take off and roll demo at Farnborough air show last year, and the sound of their engines was a bless (don't forget loud!!)

I'll need that luck thanks :-)

Twig

• Like 1

Last update for today, (sorry to be spamming anyone's notifications!!) Made the sidewinders, hindenbergers and ECM pods, but can't decide between the LGB or 4x 1000lbs, I'll choose closer to finishing time methinks. The BOZ101 and one of the hindenbergers need some filler though. See you next week, up at half 4 tomorrow to go skiing, so much for the Christmas holidays :P

It is a great kit - put a few days aside to do the decals.

The nose is a bit wrong though. The Tornado radome is conical - Revell has made the nose too attractive. Bill Clarke mentioned this in his threa

In regards to the decals, I'm hoping that the desert storm decals from Hannants are better than the kit ones, and the nose cone is being replaced by the flightpath offering, thanks for looking out though :-)

Final Merry Christmas for this year!! (Where's the snow??)

Twig

going to be a good one, love tornados. I remember working at raf leeming a few years ago, when two of the hawk squadron, (100 I think ) were up for being seconded to the red arrows. they used to practice everyday so a free airshow. one day a tornado was out training and joined in. was stunning to see a frankly massive fighter doing the same display as the hawks. a memory that will stay forever. look forward to seeing this dio. going to great.

jeff

Looking forward to this. I love the Tornado and never get bored with seeing these on BM. Hope you enjoy your skiing and look forward to seeing your progress.

Cheers,

Tom.

So. I'm back, and not without my bruises.

Small update, there's not much I can do while waiting for the aftermarket to come, except built a couple of small things and test fitting:

IMG_6083_zpsbc6ae970.jpg

Any update I post from here shouldn't be too regular. If they do seem too common then I am not studying hard enough :doh:

Thanks for looking

Twig

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Right, so after a long delay (week off, yay!!) Finally got onto the cockpit and some other stuff around the fuselage:

IMG_6360_zpsf4bb1f65.jpg
I know its not the greatest pit in the world (failed spectacularly here) but its the best I can do...

IMG_6363_zpsc274ad2c.jpg

some innard work

IMG_6364_zps41f92ec0.jpg

thankfully when in the nose the surrounding wall covers up most of the worst of it!!

IMG_6365_zps94f404d6.jpg

Thanks for looking

Twig

Edited by Twigman

My poor eyes...its so small :hypnotised:

forgive the blur, its only my phones camera

IMG_6403_zpscaffaf32.jpg

IMG_6402_zps1cf95dee.jpg

Just need to find the ejector handles, then I can get on with the rest of the jet

Thanks for looking

Twig