French Fancy! French Group Build for 2015

Wez

I could do a Canberra B(I)8! They used a couple of those for research.

Yes, but...

I thought they were B.2's (or 6)???

Trevor

...I thought likewise but then again there's lots of unexpected and wonderful stuff used by the French at their research centre - Meteor NF.11 for instance so nothing would surprise me.

We just need one more to sign up and we've made the poll.

Wez

Cripes! I haven't seen one of those Bleriot's in a mighty long time... ...35 years or more!

Hi,

This just a pic found on ebay... :(

I won't build such a plane ^^

This GB will be good for me... it will be the occasion to empty my stash of French stuff :thumbsup:

Have you an idea when it could start? around the end of 2014? first months of 2015?

Sincères salutations!

Cliche1.png

• Like 1

I thought they were B.2's (or 6)???

Trevor

Herein lies a problem. I have 2 profiles showing B(I)8s in French service BUT one is identified as F-ZLAN ex WJ779. I looked it up and WJ779 was a B6. HELP........!

(one reference is from modelaviationworld and the other Model Airplane International March 2010)

See here......

http://www.bywat.co.uk/types02.html

I'm assuming the picture is F-ZLAM?

Trevor

Thank you Trevor. If it turns out that there were no French B(I)8s I still have plenty of choices! Maybe Airfix will produce a new B2 / 6 in 1/72, or I could risk making a High Planes kit - I'm a bit nervous about that one (ordered by mistake from Ebay a couple of years ago).

Hi, if there is still room, count me in! I will just have to check my stash, but it would be a good opportunity to do that D 520 I keep looking at!

Cheers

JR

If I can build a tank.....Certainement! :thumbsup:

Mais oui! As long as it was made in France or operated in French colours, it's in...

Let me be number 30 to join.. Probably a Aluette 3 in Danish markings

...that counts, had a flight in a Dutch Alouette once, small helicopter on a blustery day, not a good combination... :jealous: ...you're in at number 30!

Hi, if there is still room, count me in! I will just have to check my stash, but it would be a good opportunity to do that D 520 I keep looking at!

Cheers

JR

Plenty of room inside c'mon in... ...31

If I can find a 1/76 or 1/72 kit, I shall be building one of these:

240111_ARL44_08.jpg

Great! What is it? By the way you're no trente-deux!

Thanks everyone, we have enough to go through to the poll! :frantic:

Room for many more, come and join us! It doesn't stop here.

Please remember to vote come poll time.

Any volunteers for co-host?

Wez

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

Thank you Trevor. If it turns out that there were no French B(I)8s I still have plenty of choices! Maybe Airfix will produce a new B2 / 6 in 1/72, or I could risk making a High Planes kit - I'm a bit nervous about that one (ordered by mistake from Ebay a couple of years ago).

Can I draw your attention to Canberra Kid's thread on converting Airfix's B(I).8 to a B.6 http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234950113-172-airfix-canberra-bi8-converted-to-b6-xh568/

Wez

• Like 1

Yes we are +30! :speak_cool:

I have a huge stash of French racing, rally, F1 and road cars, and even some trucks, so I thought that would be an easy choice. Or possibly one of the Caudron racing planes. But now I remember I have that Revell (ex Pyro) Eiffel Tower, it's even larger than the Heller kit... We'll see...

Yes we are +30! :speak_cool:

I have a huge stash of French racing, rally, F1 and road cars, and even some trucks, so I thought that would be an easy choice. Or possibly one of the Caudron racing planes. But now I remember I have that Revell (ex Pyro) Eiffel Tower, it's even larger than the Heller kit... We'll see...

Have you seen Romain Hugault's artwork? Take a look here http://romain-hugault.blogspot.co.uk/ he covers the whole range of French aviation including a great poster featuring a Caudron, you may recognise a certain avatar as you go through his blog...

Wez

Edited by Wez
  • Like 2

I was thinking love child of a T-34 and a Churchill...

Cliff

:jealous: - I think I need a stiff drink now... ...cheeky pastis or absinthe anyone?