French Fancy! French Group Build for 2015

Wez

Bon Annee tout le monde!

Join our group build next year! It'll be here sooner than you think - time to get ready!

Meilleurs vœux, et bonne année 2014!

Merci Antoine!

For anyone else out there who wanted to do France for CliffB's Small Air Forces GB for 2015 http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234952573-small-air-forces-gb-for-2015/ you can always come to us to get your French fix!

Wez

My neighbours across the channel are the English!!!

Yes, as I live en Frnace then count me in for sure!! A Formula 1 car and an aircraft will be my choice of builds.

Bonne Année!!

My neighbours across the channel are the English!!!

Yes, as I live en Frnace then count me in for sure!! A Formula 1 car and an aircraft will be my choice of builds.

Bonne Année!!

Well I suppose the being neighbours thing works both ways.

I look forward to seeing both of your choices.

Moi aussie. J'avais les avion a la guerre Indochine. Spitfire x 2, SB2C, PB4Y-2. Vive la France! (you have found another francophile!)

Atom.UK, the French used a variety of interesting stuff in Indochina - British, American and even Japanese so there's a good range of colour schemes to be had there! Surprised that a PB4Y-2 was still around then though...

Bienvenue Mark et Atom.UK!

Anyone else?

Wez

Edited by Wez

Looking in The Stash I see...

4 x 1/72 Mirage F1 Hasegawa and Heller mix (this will be down to three shortly as I'll be building one in the Less Than A Tenner GB, but by the time this GB starts, the MPM kits will no doubt be available)

1 x 1/72 Academy Super Etendard

1 x 1/72 Heller Etendard IVM

1 x 1/72 Heller Potez 63-11

1 x 1/72 Matchbox Mystere IVA

1 x 1/72 Academy F-8P Crusader

1 x 1/48 Hasegawa F4U-7 Corsair

2 x 1/48 Eduard F6F-5 Hellcat

1 x 1/48 Hobby Boss F8F Bearcat

Edit: AngstROM mentioned a Hun, reminding me... 3 x 1/72 Italeri F-100D

Plus numerous Spitfires and Seafires with decals in The Stash which could represent them in French service.

Can I join please? Can I? Huh? But can I though??? :bounce:

Edited by Enzo Matrix
  • Like 1

Looking in The Stash I see...

4 x 1/72 Mirage F1 Hasegawa and Heller mix (this will be down to three shortly as I'll be building one in the Less Than A Tenner GB, but by the time this GB starts, the MPM kits will no doubt be available)

1 x 1/72 Academy Super Etendard

1 x 1/72 Heller Etendard IVM

1 x 1/72 Heller Potez 63-11

1 x 1/72 Matchbox Mystere IVA

1 x 1/72 Academy F-8P Crusader

1 x 1/48 Hasegawa F4U-7 Corsair

2 x 1/48 Eduard F6F-5 Hellcat

1 x 1/48 Hobby Boss F8F Bearcat

Plus numerous Spitfires and Seafires with decals in The Stash which could represent them in French service.

Can I join please? Can I? Huh? But can I though??? :bounce:

Yes you can join but only if you've got something for the GB :winkgrin:

Welcome aboard Enzo.

Wez

• Like 1

Yes you can join but only if you've got something for the GB :winkgrin:

:lol: As a small boy, I had a copy of the Observer's Book of Aircraft which I treasured. The page on the Etendard (this was long before the Super Etendard...) had a photo of an Etendard IVP landing on a carrier. I have wanted to build one of these for literally decades, so this will almost certainly be one of my choices.

I had intended to build it this year, but my dance card is absolutely full!

:lol: As a small boy, I had a copy of the Observer's Book of Aircraft which I treasured. The page on the Etendard (this was long before the Super Etendard...) had a photo of an Etendard IVP landing on a carrier. I have wanted to build one of these for literally decades, so this will almost certainly be one of my choices.

I had intended to build it this year, but my dance card is absolutely full!

Great choice - and yes, your dance card is a bit full for this year so now you can start planning for next year too!

Anyone else stumped for something to do next year? Come and join us.

Wez

Edited by Wez

Put me down for this one if you could please - I think it's time that old Smer boxing of the Heller Breguet 693 made an appearance, (I think I have an Extra-Tech etch sheet and some replacement decals in the stash as well),

cheers

• Like 1

Put me down for this one if you could please - I think it's time that old Smer boxing of the Heller Breguet 693 made an appearance, (I think I have an Extra-Tech etch sheet and some replacement decals in the stash as well),

cheers

I've got one of those somewhere too - it'd be great to see one made up.

2015, eh? That should be enough time for even me to get organised...

Can I come aboard, please? (Some sort of Mirage or Hun, TBC.)

Of course you can come aboard obviously, I'm trying to get organised early with this one...

...so it's bienvenue to Enzo Matrix, Jinxman and AngstROM...

...almost there, anybody else want to join?

Wez

Edited by Wez

As we haven't quite made the magic 30 yet to go to the poll I thought I'd provide some inspiration, the film footage is from the latter day version of Les Chevaliers du Ciel, the theme song is the rather cheesy theme song that went with the original series from the 1960's and 70's was shown in the UK as The Aeronauts... ...if you can't stand that amount of fromage, watch with the sound turned down...

...enjoy, once you've enjoyed tell a friend and sign up for the GB.

Wez

the theme song is the rather cheesy theme song that went with the original series from the 1960's and 70's was shown in the UK as The Aeronauts...

I remember that! It was always shown during the summer holidays, together with Robinson Crusoe and The Flashing Blade!

And now I want to build an Alpha Jet...

I remember that! It was always shown during the summer holidays, together with Robinson Crusoe and The Flashing Blade!

And now I want to build an Alpha Jet...

Exactly how/why I remember it too - if we get enough votes you can build your Alpha Jet (mind you, there's no reason why you can't build one for the Training Types GB)!

Wez

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm game for this one too.

Welcome on-board Steve, we now have vingt-sept!

C'mon folks - any more?

Wez

Edited by Wez

ooo this sounds very interesting, count me in.

Have no idea what to build, but I'll find something quite unusual I think!!!

Good man! You're in!

Vingt-Huit.

Anyone else? Remember, this is for anything made in France or operated in French colours so you're not limited to a Mirage, Matra racing car, Renault truck or tank or even a Mobylette! So get your thinking caps on and have a good hard look at that stash - you know there's something there that fits the bill!

Wez

Edited by Wez

Hello!

Très bonne idée mon cher! :frantic:

So, I guess this one could be appropriate?:

mGblqjjn9x4c45zdhwiDzOQ.jpg

A Frog's French Blériot....

:banghead:

Count me In!

I will always have something French in my stash...

Modern, WWI, WWII AFVs, WWII or modern planes....

And without cheesy music :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Romain

Edited by rom1

Hello!

Très bonne idée mon cher! :frantic:

So, I guess this one could be appropriate?:

mGblqjjn9x4c45zdhwiDzOQ.jpg

A Frog's French Blériot....

:banghead:

Count me In!

I will always have something French in my stash...

Modern, WWI, WWII AFVs, WWII or modern planes....

And without cheesy music :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Romain

Cripes! I haven't seen one of those Bleriot's in a mighty long time... ...35 years or more!

Romain, welcome and thanks for the video clip without the cheesy music... ...it got me thinking we really do need some decent Mirage 2000's in 1/72nd!

Bienvenue!

Nous-sommes vingt-neuf!

Anyone else? We need one more!

Wez

Edited by Wez