Revell 1/32 Ar-196

Hi all,

Probably my last for the year this one.

I'm calling this one "Finished at last". I've been at this one on and off now for since its release but finally got round to finishing her.

Only additions are the brilliant canopy set and masks by Alley Cat, metal machine guns in the nose and rear gunner and some of the PE that is in the Eduard Big ED Set.

I didn't use it all as some of it just looked too fiddly and I was keeping the panels closed anyway. I guess I could have got away with just the cockpit set.

It was an enjoyable, if a little protracted build.

As usual constructive criticism greatly received and expected.

J.

m4ly.jpg

hub7.jpg74f3.jpghtjj.jpg

fhb1.jpg

q46k.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks Karl.

The weathering is my 1st real try with filters. Gloss coat over the decals and then using various brown, tan, red, sepia, yellow and white oils dabbed in irregular dots on the kit. Then one streaks with a brush slightly dampened with enamel thinners in the direction of the airflow. Once dry, a couple days later, you can matt clear coat it.

It looked awful at 1st but you just have to keep adjusting, adding some removing lots, until it looks OK. I'd recommend anyone tried it.

I'd love to eventually put it on a floating water base but thats another thing I haven't ever tried but am keen to have a try.

J.

Thanks Phil.

J.

Thanks John,

Alclad undercoat, dabbed with Maskol from a scouring pad to give an irregular coverage, painted with the camo then removed, also some light sanding to take camo back to the alclad.

Worked OK but a bit heavy in places so its a work in progress technique methinks.

J.