Airfix 1/72 Mustang (new tool)

Hi all,

Just finished the new tool 1/72 Mustang. Beautiful little kit. Incredibly good value for a fiver! :) I haven't made a 1/72nd model in about 30 years (seems tiny to me..).

Painted with Alclad metallics, a vac form canopy, eduard photo etch set and the lovely Leading Edge decals (some of the nicest I've ever used).

I know the prop should probably be the cuff less version :S

It's meant to represent a lacquered natural metal finish..

Thanks for looking and feel free to comment - good or bad! ;)

Guy

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

I'm now addicted to these little kits :)

• Like 13

Very well done indeed,.....what a beautiful model and I love the scheme!! Having made a few of these myself I`m especially envious of your sliding canopy,......you have fitted the clear glazing to the frame very well indeed,...mine look like a bag of poo in comparison! How did you manage to make such a good job of it?

Cheers

Tony

Thanks ;)

Tony, I couldn't get a good enough result with the kit canopy - it seems an odd decision to make the canopy separate from the frame as it's next to impossible to hide the join - so I used a vac form canopy and put it over the top of the kit frame - it's probably slightly too wide, but it's a vast improvement over the kit option. Oddly enough, the Tamiya kit in 1/48th is the same design.

Cheers

Guy

Ps mini build log:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234951744-172-airfix-mustang-canadian-post-war/