Airfix 1/72 FW190 A-8 Finished

Here's my finished FW190 A-8. This is the first Airfix model I've built in years and the first of the 'new' Airfix kits I've built. Apart from the huge sprue attachment points [which let to me damaging a few of the smaller bits] it goes together really well and the fit of parts is excellent.

I've read various comments about the kit wheels being a bit soft detail wise, I can live with this but I did find that they don't attach to the undercarriage legs very well and end up at a bit of an odd angle.

All painting was done using Tamiya acrylics.

Hope you like the pics [just wish I could take better photos!]

f1_zpsec9788ef.jpg

f6_zpsdced1852.jpg

f3_zps12a9ecf6.jpg

f2_zps030c2bba.jpg

f5_zps3c4a2642.jpg

Thanks for looking

Matt

• Like 10

Very nice model Matt, I must get one of these myself.

As for the photography, I don't know what your equipment set up is but they look fine and the photos are clear, so I wouldn't get too hung up about them.

If it's the shadows that cause you concern then one cheap way for you to reduce them is simply to take take your photographs outside on a bright, dry day - not sunny because this can create harsh shadows too.

• Like 1

Very neat Würger indeed!

Being a pro photographer, I can find nothing wrong at all with your studio photos. On the contrary, they look exemplary, with good detail and exposure and no unsightly colour cast. Well done!

Only nitpick would be the lack of that crooked cross on the fin. A 190 does look a bit naked without it, doesn't it? Plenty of dedicated swastika sheets from independent producers around.

Nice work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments!

I found the decals really good to use, worked great with solutions and settled well into the detail. As to the crooked cross, I agree that it looks a bit strange without it, but this was a quick build and I can live without it!

• 4 weeks later...