Kitty Hawk Kaman SH-2 Seasprite kit....

heloman1

Hi Colin. Have a look elsewhere here on BM there is another Seasprite thread. I think it may be in the Rumourmonger pages, it's a totally new kit with a G promissed too, test shot pics etc. Happy days at long last.

Colin

• 1 month later...

Good news is the review kit is here and once I have cleaned the drool off :Tasty: I will get writing.

The main fuselage parts do not come on a sprue but separate. They are that good they just clipped together!

Julien

Good news is the review kit is here and once I have cleaned the drool off :Tasty: I will get writing.

The main fuselage parts do not come on a sprue but separate. They are that good they just clipped together!

Julien

I hope you are bringing it on Tuesday!

I got mine and was surprised that one side of the fuselage (at the top) has all the details missing. Panel lines just end. Did you notice that too?

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth

I got mine and as surprised that one side of the fuselage (at the top) has all the details missing. Panel lines just end. Did you notice that too?

Regards,

Yes,

If you look this is where the housing for the tail rotor drive shaft goes, its off set to one side not straight down the middle. No sense putting detail there if it will be covered up.

h2dra.jpg

Picture from http://www.helis.com/

Julien

• Like 1

:Tasty: Sprue Bros has the kit in stock in the US. HLJ still has the kit as a Jan Release pre-order and no mention of the kit at all on my other usual online sources. ( Lucky Model HK and Hobby Easy Korea).

Needless to say I pulled the trigger from Sprue Brothers and my kit is on the way. Geez I must want this badly because the postage was brutal .

Edited by Andrew Perren

Try Luck Model/Hobby in Hong Kong, I belive they do postage free.

Colin

Hi Colin, I would normally try Lucky but curiously there is no mention of the kit there at all. Not even a pre-order?

Having said that it will probably be available ex stock from there tomorrow for $5 less than I paid.

Hi Andrew. LH had it down for the 20th Jan release and I had bookmarked the page but have lost it... I've just had a lookat their suite now but there is no mention of the kit but then the search buttons don't exactly help! You can't specify Kitty Hawk kits in the manufacturer list.

Colin

Hi Colin, I would normally try Lucky but curiously there is no mention of the kit there at all. Not even a pre-order? (...)

In stock at LM.

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KH80122

In stock at Sprue Brothers

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/kth80122.htm

V.P.

Edited by Homebee