Verlinden 120mm Stonewall Jackson

giemme

First time for a figure this big, I bought it on a good deal , so it's a sort of test bench, especially for the eyes area and flesh tones. This is where I am so far (apologies for the poor quality of the pictures, they've been taken using a phone camera):

DSC_0839_zps5cee95da.jpg

DSC_0841_zpsda8ea2dc.jpg

DSC_0838_zps841174b8.jpg

Please feel free to comment.

Cheers

GM

• Like 2

Beautiful painting, having just done a 120mm figure I know how small this head is, you need something else in the picture for scale to show just how good it is

The first picture reminds me of a actor who's name I can't think of right now

• Like 1

Thank you guys, glad you like it. :thumbsup2:

@Billy: it's a full figure, the rest of the body it's only primed at the moment. I left some work to be done during Xmas holidays

@Colin: having started painting miniatures from 54 mm and 75 mm, I feel a little more comfortable with this scale, at least with the face painting.

I'll post some new pictures with some reference for scale, as soon as I get back to working on Mr Stonewall.

I wouldn't know which actor it reminds you, to me it has a few contact points with Bud Spencer (actually an Italian actor whose real name is Carlo Pedersoli, he used to do a lot of Spaghetti Westerns)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A small update;

as per Colin suggestion, a new pic of the head with a reference to compare (unit is millimeters)

f014b308-c72c-4fdf-b9cd-d4ebb74d290f_zps

and also main part of the body, with base color and some highlights

DSC_0872_zpsec8996f9.jpg

• 2 months later...

Small update; here is the full figure and a couple of closeups. Apologies for the quality of the pics, it's a phone camera

Cheers

DSC_0923_zps8510e682.jpg

DSC_0925_zpsb50d1184.jpg

DSC_0932_zpsb3633f3a.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks guys, much appreciated :thumbsup2:

@nimrod54: to tell you the truth, I'm not entirely happy with the braiding, for some reason the black tempera wash is not very effective on some parts of it.

I think I'll give it a couple more of passages and see how it turns out; anyway I'm glad you like it

Cheers

Beautiful painting, having just done a 120mm figure I know how small this head is, you need something else in the picture for scale to show just how good it is

The first picture reminds me of a actor who's name I can't think of right now

I keep having a quick glance to see who it is that he reminds me of too. Sometimes I'm seeing Gregory Peck and sometimes I see. Someone else whos name is on the tip of my tongue.

Either way it's a superb work!

• Like 1

Sean Connery in Hunt for Red October is who I immediately thought of.

Great painting.

Thanks Charlie.

Well, Sean Connery might be. Curiously enough, I have in my stash a Young Miniatures bust based exactly on Sean Connery, called "templar crusader knight" ;)

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Thanks Steve, I appreciate that. Photos have been taken with a phone camera, so not the best quality. I still have a few minor things to complete and hopefully next week I'll post some decent pics of the completed model

Cheers

Completed, but still no good pics. These are the last ones taken with my phone, I hope during the WE I can take some better ones with a real camera.

Enjoy!

DSC_0939_zps2e4b0024.jpg

DSC_0952_zpsd94365cf.jpg

A few more

DSC_0949_zps129d7101.jpg

DSC_0948_zps511b7edd.jpg

DSC_0947_zps19a0c38f.jpg

DSC_0946_zps297d7f7a.jpg

DSC_0954_zps4d89c10b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

This is fantastic, the pic with the millimetres is unreal. Great job on the eyes, the shading under the bags and the furrowed brow is very natural.

Will

• 2 weeks later...