Curtiss P-40 STGB

• 3 weeks later...

Check the Avatar !!

For me if its ok I will attempt the Trupeter 1/32 P40 with Barracuda decals and Eduard etch in the stash ready and waiting. Got two weeks to finish the second Spitfire 1a for a friend and then I will get on this

P40 Osprey books at the ready

Edited by chuckb1

Less than a month to go folks....time to start getting those P-40 kits ready! :thumbsup:

To those new poster's asking to join...of course you can the more the merrier!

Once Mish has sorted out a home for our little STGB just start a WIP thread in there.

Actually i'd better contact my Co-Mods to make sure they are still up for helping.

Cheers,

Gary

• Like 1

I have a big problem with this GB... choosing! :fool:

I love to see how things evolve over time. That's why I build lots of Spitfires. Each one has tiny changes until eventually the Mk.24 bears almost no resemblance to the Mk.I. P-40s present similar opportunities.

I was originally intending to build the Trumpeter Tomahawk Ia in 1/48th, but just one model wouldn't allow me to show any evolution. Instead, I have decided on four models... :mental: All in 1/72 scale. They will all be Commonwealth aircraft in desert camouflage but not all of them will be sharkmouths. One of them will be an old friend which has sat in The Stash for about 35 years.

Tomahawk Ia (P-40B) - Airfix kit

Kittyhawk Ia (P-40E) - Hasegawa kit

Kittyhawk III (P-40K short tail) - Sword kit

Kittyhawk IIIa (P-40K long tail) - Sword kit

• Like 1

I have the same problem Enzo! I love your solution, but where are the stripy Merlin P-40's? (evil grin)

My dream plan is similar but with Aleutian based P-40s.

RCAF Kittyhawk Ia (Legato)

USAAF P-40E (Academy)

RCAF P-40K (Sword)

USAAF P-40K (Sword)

This would allow for two Olive Drab over Neutral grey schemes, one Dk Green/Dk Earth scheme, and one bare metal scheme - and lots of weathering as the Aleutians are quite inhospitable.

• Like 1

Can I join this one too please..I have a selection of P-40's...an Airfix Tomahawk, Sword 2in1 Kittyhawks, Special Hobby 2in1 P-40F/L and a wishlist of a couple of other kits/decals that I must resist...

Cheers,

Rob