Curtiss P-40 STGB

Sounds great, but this whole group build thing worries me- I don't usually know what I'm going to be consumed by next week, let alone a year from now! (Except that it will almost certainly be something other than what's consuming me this week.)

Last week: Vampires (not literally consuming me, though). This week, early Hurricanes. Next week? Back to Vamps, because I should have taken delivery of an Alley Cat one. Except meanwhile...

bob

• Like 2

I'm pleased this is going ahead. I haven't build a P-40 in years. :thumbsup:

However... is anyone else just a teensy bit freaked out that we're planning builds fifteen months into the future?!?!?!? :yikes::lol:

See post 3 above! At least I don't have to go shopping to be prepared for this one. Hmm, maybe I should attack the 32nd Tomahawk- I've got a plan...

bob

I have a Mauve Kittyhawk III in my stash, so I think I will be building that.

I have also got some aftermarket decals (Model alliance set MA-48195) for this.

Cheers,

Daz- or should I call you "Mr. Dot"?- it is pretty generally agreed that Hasegawa makes the best Model 87/ Kittyhawks (all flavors, except Merlin-powered) in 48th. They do suffer a little from the "one mold fits all" school of tooling, in that you have to join the tail to the rest of the fuselage, there are some inserts, and so on. There's a build going on now that nicely illustrates it. There are a number of other kits, each with their pros and cons.

For the Model 81/ Tomahawk, it isn't quite as simple (was that simple?) - there's the very old Monogram, the middle-aged Hobbycraft/Academy, and the youngest Trumpeter. All have issues, and I'll leave it at that because every time someone suggests one is the "best" choice a raging argument erupts! Here's hoping that Airfix sees the light...

bob

Edited by gingerbob

welcome les

just been looki .ng at the hobbycraft f/l versions in 1/48 like the idea of a merlin powered bird............. just looking at the price of the hasegawa kits gives me the Willie's sorry but 35 quid for a 48th scale plastic kit......

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...